+ Reply to Thread

Default FUE at the Maitland Clinic

Hi all. Long time lurker first time poster. 36 years of age and had a receeding hairline since the age of 19. Strange mix of genes with a totally bald father but thick hair on my mothers side. Making for a very slow progression, which is now appearing in the crown. Brother aged 50 with a full head of hair....how unfair! After lots of research decided to finally take the plunge this year. I had a great consultation in April with David Anderson and Dr Edward Ball, who were both extremely professional and non pushy. I advised them that due to a couple of reasons (trying for another baby in the not so distant future / not overly keen on risking the sides ) I wouldnt be taking propecia. Going to have a round of PRP in the crown at the same time as the 1700 FUE op. Will also start on Rogaine 2 weeks after the procedure. Comfortable in my choice of clinic / surgeon but the nerves are also kicking in! I had a couple of consultations in my 20's, including one that would have had me in the chair with an awful hairline put in the following week....lucky escape.....and the experience so far with The Maitland Clinic has been the polar opposite. Happy in the knowledge that the hairline that Dr Ball will put in will look natural in later life if I cant hold on to the crown / or if i need to shave. I will put up some pictures before and after once I have had the op in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by takingtheplunge83 View Post
    Hi all. Long time lurker first time poster. 36 years of age and had a receeding hairline since the age of 19. Strange mix of genes with a totally bald father but thick hair on my mothers side. Making for a very slow progression, which is now appearing in the crown. Brother aged 50 with a full head of hair....how unfair! After lots of research decided to finally take the plunge this year. I had a great consultation in April with David Anderson and Dr Edward Ball, who were both extremely professional and non pushy. I advised them that due to a couple of reasons (trying for another baby in the not so distant future / not overly keen on risking the sides ) I wouldnt be taking propecia. Going to have a round of PRP in the crown at the same time as the 1700 FUE op. Will also start on Rogaine 2 weeks after the procedure. Comfortable in my choice of clinic / surgeon but the nerves are also kicking in! I had a couple of consultations in my 20's, including one that would have had me in the chair with an awful hairline put in the following week....lucky escape.....and the experience so far with The Maitland Clinic has been the polar opposite. Happy in the knowledge that the hairline that Dr Ball will put in will look natural in later life if I cant hold on to the crown / or if i need to shave. I will put up some pictures before and after once I have had the op in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck! Cheers.
    Thank you for sharing your experience thus far. We'll all appreciate your updates with photos and commentary. I'm sure your experience will be top shelf.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Cheers Joe. Excited for the day to arrive. I will post before and after pictures after the op.

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

Great choice in physician.
    I was fortunate to meet David briefly over the last few days at FUE Europe in Manchester. He is a great guy.
    You are in great hands
    Wishing you the best of luck!

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83

Doctor Representative David Anderson's Avatar

Hi Takingtheplunge83,

Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to seeing you at the clinic and do let me know if I can help with anything in the lead up to surgery.

Raphael84+ Great to meet you too in Manchester. Looks like you have a great set up and working for two very well respected Doctors.

Thanks David. Likewise. Looking forward to Monday.

Default Fut hair transplant at Maitland Clinic.

Amazing Experience from world class surgical team.
    I had my fut procedure with Maitland clinic on Wednesday 12th June 2019.

The procedure started around 7:30 am.
    Yidi(i hope i wrote the name correctly) and Morgan took my blood pressure test and Lunch order.
    Then they explain gently how the procedure will go.
    The way they talked with me and explained everything it was soooo caring and made me feel i am the most important person to them.

After that they took me to Surgical room where Dr Ball getting prepared for my procedure he introduced me to rest of the team members.
    They all very professional,all in full surgical clothing.
    Very clean and tidy surgical room same time relaxing atmosphere.

First step antibacterial hair wash then Dr Ball carefully trim the donor area which is after the stitching completely invisible.

Local anesthetic was the most scary part to me but Dr Ball and his team made it sooo comfort for me.
    It was little painful but bearable.
    Then the fut strip carefully taken out by Dr Ball and stitching done by Dr Ball.

What can i say about Dr Ball in a simple way,He is Master Of Perfection and Patient Caring.
    He will not let you go out from his procedure room untill he feels it's done most perfectly and his team follow same ideology.
    The amount of time he spent with me for pre operation consultant most doctor don't even spent that amount time for procedure.
    I have sooooo much respect for him and his team.
    Everyone is very polite,welcoming ,comforting and making sure am i ok and am i feeling any discomfort.

Incisions done my Dr Ball while my hair grafts carefully been separated under Microscopes
    by Georgi and Mo .
    They are such nice persons doing one of the most important part of the surgery,in the background throughout the day.

After the incisions it was time for lunch.
    Thank you Morgan for the lovely lunch it was refreshing.
    Throughout whole day there was more then plenty of snacks and drinks but I wasn't that interested on eating I don't know why .

I also needed minor mustache repair,i say minor but this is when I came to realise how Amazing Dr Ball is.
    He was carefully extracting graft from my beard one at a time and placing it to my mustache area for repair.
    Making sure the graft is on right place,right direction,and hair shaft is perfect position for that place.
    That took Dr Ball more than hour and i can see and feel how he is planning and thinking which graft to go where,i am sooo Amazed.

After that grafts placement time on my scalp.
    It was done by every single member of the surgical team including Dr Ball and Janna Shafer.

Janna Shafer she is the clinic director of the Maitland clinic and whole day she was tiredlessly making sure my surgery goes smoothly.
    At one point i wasn't feeling well and needed a break they stopped everything and made sure that i ok.
    Mo made me tea it was perfect cup of tea,thank for your hospitality.
    Because of I wasn't feeling well they had to stop everything it took till 10 pm to finish the grafts placement.
    And not a single member of that entire team showed any sign of tiredness and I felt they want to do more for me.
    At the end of surgery i wasn't feeling well again so Dr ball,Janna Shafer and Mo stayed till late to comfort me.i cant thank you guys enough.
    Janna and Dr ball personally drop me of to my hotel room and made sure i am ok.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN LOOKED AFTER THAT MUCH IN MY LIFE .
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Maitland Clinic Team,i am very grateful to you.
    YOU GUYS ARE THE WORLD'S BEST.