+ Reply to Thread

Default Going bald at 17?

I think i might be experiencing mpb mainly because my hairline is receding to the point where it looks to be close or at a norwood 2 already. Also the thing that concerns me most is these lose hairs at my hairline that easily come out with a slight pull. My mothers side of the family all have there hair but my dads side everyone is bald and a lot of them starting going bald at 15. all 4 of my older brothers all still have there hair and the hairline is receded and there hairline is really similar to mine and there 8-12 years older than me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0665[1].jpg

Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	63130   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726[1].jpg

Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	63131   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0728[1].jpg

Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	63132  

No before picture but looks like receding hairline.

Not so bad. Try to use minox with dermaroller

Looks like early recession. What is the hair like of your male relatives?

I know my male relatives on my dad side had really bad thinning at my age and are now bald including my dad but my dad i guess was kind of lucky because he didn't start losing hair until he was in his 30s but did develop a receding hairline in his late teens. all male relatives on my moms side all have a full head of hair including my grandpa who is 76 and isn't even a norwood 3.

Sounds like you have quite a strong balding gene on your father's side which you have probably inherited or at least partly inherited. Unfortunately, you can't take finasteride at 17 (if that is something you were interested in doing, you could start at 18). For, now you could try rogaine with maybe derma rolling on you temples, or as your recession is minor at present, you could keep an eye on it for now and then start with finasteride at 18.

yeah i might try rogaine soon but tbh i think i probably will just keep an eye on it for a year and if it gets worse than ill try treatments.

To me, that just looks like an "adult" male hair line (I don't mean ADULT adult, I just mean not a child's). All the hair on top looks quite thick. I really don't see that as being at all indicative of MPB. One thing: even if there's part of you that wants to start a treatment, maybe because it seems like it will stop you from having to worry, I would really, really research it. From my understanding, there are a lot of people that LOST hair from taking Propecia/Finasteride. I believe the doctors will even tell you that's part of the process and it's all good. But I've seen a decent amount of people post on here and say they are absolutely convinced that they lost A LOT of hair and it never grew back even though the doctor said it would. I can't tell you what would happen to you, but from my perspective you do not have any kind of hair problem. Last thing you want to do is create one. You've got some photos, if I were you I'd wait six months and take another picture in the exact same conditions and keep doing that until/IF you ever even see a problem developing.

I totally agree with what you're saying and i will follow your advise. In all honesty now that i think about it my hairline is probably just maturing instead of it actually being mpb.

I freaked out when I noticed my hairline at 23 and it looked just like yours. I then found a photo of me on a speedboat with wind blowing my hair back when I was 18 and it was exactly the same then! I just hadn't ever really noticed it. It's a fairly typical mature hairline and if I were you I would under no circumstances start minox or derma rolling!!! I later started finasteride about 30 as I started to notice my hair beginning to miniaturize in the front and hairloss runs in my family. It's a little thinner in the hairline than it was 10 years ago but still very thick everywhere else.