Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Highwinds
    • Jun 2019

Fin Side Effects Question

22 y/o. Have no family history of hair loss minus my maternal grandfather who went bald in his 40's. Father is 60 with the same hairline I have now. He has four brothers all with the same hairline. He insists his receded to NW2 - NW3 when he was my age then never moved again. However, mine seems to be dropping fast, I assume partially due to the stress its causing me. I can see some thinning behind my temples which are at a NW2 on the left, and a NW2.5 on the right. Hair looks fine styled, however if it gets combed back (especially when wet) the recession is clear as day.

I've been on Mindoxl 5% and Nizora 1% for a few months and haven't really seen any change minus a little shedding and infrequent headaches. Been thinking about trying to get on finasteride, however after browsing this form for a little while it seems like pretty much everyone who has started it has stopped within > 1 - 3 years due to side effects. Are they really that common? The studies I read claimed it only occurs in < 5% of men, and only a small fraction of that are claimed to be irreversible, dragging the actual risk down to < 1% which is similar to any other medication. Do i bite the bullet? Or will i be inevitably bricking my dick? Part of me wants to tackle the problem now because its 100% manageable, but the other half of me wants to wait until it worsens before pulling out the big guns.
  • Kissh
    • Mar 2019

any pics?

I use Fin (generic) within few years with great results, and don't have any sides on it.

Comment

Working...