Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rileyb
    • May 2019

22 Y/O - Am I starting to bald?

Hey everyone, just looking for opinions on whether I’m starting to bald and if I have anything to worry about. I have always had a high hairline and fine hair, not sure if my hairline has always been thin but I’ve just started noticing it. No real family history of baldness, just normal ageing hair loss. Thanks heaps!
    Attached Files
  • Pankaj11
    • May 2019

Losing your hair isn’t the same as going bald. Male pattern baldness is a genetic condition whereas hair loss per se can be caused by a variety of factors. If you are losing patches of hair in an apparently random manner you may have alopecia, a condition where a person (male or female) loses patches of hair from parts of their body. In extreme cases, this may affect all of the hair on the body. Alopecia is thought to have hereditary and autoimmune factors (where the body mistakenly attacks itself). It is not the same as male pattern baldness.

If your hair loss occurs in a more regular receding pattern, usually from the temples and crown of the head, then it is more likely you have male pattern baldness. But remember – most men go bald. It’s nothing to be afraid of or embarrassed about.

Comment

• liposome
      • May 2019

hard to tell from these photos no way to know for sure right now... just continue to take regular pictures if it gets worse than make sure you already know a good place to get finasteride for cheap or a doctor who will agree to prescribe it to you. I get 100 pills 1mg for 14 dollars from COSTCO pharmacy, it would be even cheaper if I bought 5mg and cut it into 4 pieces.I was in your position 10 months ago and now I am a norwood 3.

Comment

• Kissh
        • Mar 2019

You're not balding!

Comment

• Jesse799
          • Aug 2019

not looking that you're balding. i think it looks good, maybe just a little hairloss.

Comment

Working...