+ Reply to Thread

Default Loading up on Fin at first and then dialing back for maintenance?

I just started propecia at the age of 35. Been using rogaine since early 20s. First time trying Fin I tried proscar cut up, this was in mid 20s. I remember curled up in my room crying for no reason and I was like this shits not for me.

Fastforward 10 years. I’m not such a wimp I believe (life has kicked my ass) and I’m seeing the benefits to having hair at my age. I have fairly bad recession, some crown thinning, and diffuse thinning to some degree.

I started on fin again. I react strongly to meds, so quickly cut the one mg to 0.5 mg every day. Even with this, I’m feeling a good bit depressed, no urge to ejaculate, erections a bit longer to work (but working). I figure its just beating my dht levels down, and it’s enough to do the job.

There are some benefits. I’m less argumentative. I was very fiesty before. I’m less so, but also feel kind of ***** during confrontation now... also, I got drunk the other day, and was depressed and had no balls to talk to women... which happens sometimes anyway but it was worse.

So... other benefits. Nothing crazy, but even in two weeks, I look at myself and see as if some coverage has come in in hairline (slight). Scalp looks a bit more “covered”, but still bald. I like this.

Sooooo.... I want the good without the bad.

What I’m thinking of is “loading” up by taking half mg or so every day for few months, till hair follicles open up. Maybe taking day break or reducing dosage when I feel too low (which I believe happens when DHT is beat real down)... but powering through for 3 - 6 months like this. I will use Nizoral a couple times a week, and minoxidil in pm every night.

But after I get some regrowth (which is the hope), I plan on lowering to a much smaller dosage. Maybe 0.25 mg every other day. My theory is that hopefully this will be enough dht reduction to prevent miniaturization of the follicles, now that they’ve been opened up and hair has grown through?

I want to feel like a strong man again... I dont like being so DHT-less... definitely don’t feel like myself... so yeah, trying not to choose one or the other, and trying to keep the best of both worlds.

Other option is possibly turning the fin topical and using it more often during this maintenance period, or getting on TRT to increase free test (which will hopefully give me drive/strength again), while taking fin to reduce the conversion to DHT.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys.