+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Meanwhile in the UK, here goes....

So at the grand old age of 47 (never too old I guess!) I've finally booked in for a h/t. It's coming up in July and is with Dr Edward Ball here in the UK. I will document it here over the course of the next year. I did a fair bit of research beforehand and have been really pleased so far with my contact with David Anderson from Maitland. I had my consultation with David and found him very knowledgable and honest with what what achievable. I'll try to get some before pics up soon and then just cross my fingers & wait for the big day!

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

Congratulations @chopper.

Wishing you the best! Keep us updated!

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83

All the best Chopper.
    Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

47 isn't old! All the best mate, I'm sure you'll feel a lot younger once your HT starts growing in.

Thanks Raphael/Spex/Clee. As promised here are the current before pics... Seems like things are opening out at the back too which is a recent occurrence! I can't quite figure out where I'm at here, on some pics it doesn't look too bad on others worse. I've been advised that finasteride might help with this area in particular so have been on it for the past 3 months. The h/t is just for hairline restoration. I haven't quite worked out where i am on the whole scale but am am guessing around the NW 3? David has recommended around 1400-1500 FUE grafts which I'm hoping will make a big difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0242.jpg

Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	62757   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0243.jpg

Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	62758   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0245.jpg

Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	62759   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0248.jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	62760   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0250.jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	62761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0251.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	62762   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254.jpg

Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	62763   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg

Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	62764  

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

@chopper

Thank you for sharing your photos. At 47, you are at a great starting point. 1500 grafts will make a nice improvement to your hairline, filling in your temple points. Your crown is fine. Don't even worry about that. The idea of starting finasteride recently is a clever idea and the right approach.

Im looking forward to seeing more of your hairline restoration so please keep us updated.

July isn't too far away so prepare yourself and I wish you the very best of luck moving forward.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83

Hi Chopper

Good luck with you hair transplant with DR Ball, im wondering would i be able to get nto some type of contact with you when you have had your transplant to let me know how the procedure goes as i am currently hoping to book my appointment with Dr Ed Ball very soon

All the best

Inactive

Your hair looks amazing - especially for 47. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. How many grafts will you be getting? And are you doing FUE or Strip?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Hi bjcool4, yes absolutely. I'd be more than happy to share my experience with you. Not long to go now and the nerves are kicking in! I haven't spoken with Dr Ball, and probably wont until the day of the op but have been really impressed with David, he's been very easy to talk too and answered all my questions. I'm nervous but confident it will go well

Thanks for the kind words pkipling, I'm getting approx 1400-1500 grafts FUE. I'll keep the pos updated on how it all goes next month.