Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopper
    • May 2019

Meanwhile in the UK, here goes....

So at the grand old age of 47 (never too old I guess!) I've finally booked in for a h/t. It's coming up in July and is with Dr Edward Ball here in the UK. I will document it here over the course of the next year. I did a fair bit of research beforehand and have been really pleased so far with my contact with David Anderson from Maitland. I had my consultation with David and found him very knowledgable and honest with what what achievable. I'll try to get some before pics up soon and then just cross my fingers & wait for the big day!
  • Raphael84hair
    Doctor Representative
    • Feb 2019

Congratulations @chopper.

Wishing you the best! Keep us updated!

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece

bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

All the best Chopper.
      Regards
      Spex
      A world renowned hair loss and hair transplant adviser. Spex has received several hair transplant procedures along with appropriate treatments!
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• clee984
        • Feb 2010

47 isn't old! All the best mate, I'm sure you'll feel a lot younger once your HT starts growing in.

Comment

• chopper
          • May 2019

Thanks Raphael/Spex/Clee. As promised here are the current before pics... Seems like things are opening out at the back too which is a recent occurrence! I can't quite figure out where I'm at here, on some pics it doesn't look too bad on others worse. I've been advised that finasteride might help with this area in particular so have been on it for the past 3 months. The h/t is just for hairline restoration. I haven't quite worked out where i am on the whole scale but am am guessing around the NW 3? David has recommended around 1400-1500 FUE grafts which I'm hoping will make a big difference.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Raphael84hair
            Doctor Representative
            • Feb 2019

@chopper

Thank you for sharing your photos. At 47, you are at a great starting point. 1500 grafts will make a nice improvement to your hairline, filling in your temple points. Your crown is fine. Don't even worry about that. The idea of starting finasteride recently is a clever idea and the right approach.

Im looking forward to seeing more of your hairline restoration so please keep us updated.

July isn't too far away so prepare yourself and I wish you the very best of luck moving forward.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece

Comment

• bjcool4
              • Jun 2017

Hi Chopper

Good luck with you hair transplant with DR Ball, im wondering would i be able to get nto some type of contact with you when you have had your transplant to let me know how the procedure goes as i am currently hoping to book my appointment with Dr Ed Ball very soon

All the best

Comment

• pkipling
                Inactive
                • Sep 2014

Your hair looks amazing - especially for 47. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. How many grafts will you be getting? And are you doing FUE or Strip?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• chopper
                  • May 2019

Hi bjcool4, yes absolutely. I'd be more than happy to share my experience with you. Not long to go now and the nerves are kicking in! I haven't spoken with Dr Ball, and probably wont until the day of the op but have been really impressed with David, he's been very easy to talk too and answered all my questions. I'm nervous but confident it will go well

Comment

• chopper
                    • May 2019

Thanks for the kind words pkipling, I'm getting approx 1400-1500 grafts FUE. I'll keep the pos updated on how it all goes next month.

Comment

• David Anderson
                      Doctor Representative
                      • Jun 2016

Hi Chopper, Nice to meet you too. We look forward to seeing you at the clinic soon. Let me know if you have any questions at any time.

Comment

• chopper
                        • May 2019

Thanks David, getting nervous but confident I have the right guys! See you next month.

Comment

• chopper
                          • May 2019

Well guys, my FUE was done & dusted last week at the Maitland Clinic in Portsmouth. I’m now exactly 1 week in and very happy with how it’s going. I don’t think I can give Dr Ball and his team enough credit in the time I have for this update. I’ll just say they exceeded my expectations in every respect. The whole team are a solid unit and work seamlessly together. They kept me in the picture from start to finish and ensured I was comfortable throughout.

On the morning Dr Ball was even gracious enough to give in to my last minute request to have one temple point evened up. He took it in his stride, agreed it was a good idea and did a quick re-design ☺

There was no pain at all (a few numbing little injections initially which were much less harsh than I was anticipating) all subsequent injections were done whilst area was still numb so didn’t feel a thing. There has been no pain since the procedure. The graft total count was 1,720. Hair count 3324. 490 single, 850 double & 374 3-4 hair grafts.

I have included some pics the 1st three being on the evening of the surgery. The rest taken after 5 days. I’ll try to update monthly to keep you all in the picture. Really happy with the whole thing and if you are in the UK and thinking about this I strongly suggest you at least talk to Dr Ball and/or David Anderson before making any firm decisions. People often say the UK has a poor representation when it comes to HT surgeries, when actually I believe we have one of the world’s finest right here in Portsmouth! I’d just like the say a heartfelt thanks to Dr Edward Ball, David Anderson, Karen, Hildie, Janna Mo and Georgie (apologies for any misspelt names!) for making it a great day!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Raphael84hair
                            Doctor Representative
                            • Feb 2019

Congratulations and nice write up.

Dr Ball, David, Janna and team have impressed again! Well done to all involved.

Heal and grow well!

Online Consultation - https://bchairtransplant.com/online-consultation/

Comment

• Spex
                              Dr Representative
                              • Nov 2008

Congrats !
                              Regards
                              Spex
                              Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

Working...