Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Anderson
    Doctor Representative
    • Jun 2016

Thanks very much for your write up on your day, all went well and it was a pleasure being able to help you. Here if you need any advice and I look forward to following your progress.

Do you have any updated pics of how the healing is going?

David

Comment

• chopper
      • May 2019

Thanks Raphael & Spencer,
      I am overseas atm with work. However all is going very well and I will do a 1 month update once I'm back again next week. In the meantime David I have sent you a quick email.
      Cheers,
      Chopper

Comment

• chopper
        • May 2019

Well here's the 1 month update (actually I’m 3 days off but close enough!) I’ve hit the dreaded ugly duckling stage with quite a bit of shedding I think. Completely normal I know but it’s funny how you hit a bit of a wall during this 1-5 month period. The initial 10 days I actually loved as I could see a hairline again, although it was red and a bit scabby it was still a hairline! But after can be a bit anticlimactic. I’ve tried to offset it with fairly regular gym visits, the purpose being to take my mind off of it and actuate a change that I can see happening before my eyes. I am finding its giving me something to focus on other than bloody hair!

I noticed after uploading my original pics that I was getting a bit diffuse at the back so finally got around to making some big changes to my regimen this week in the hope of speeding things up and possibly making some mid-scalp/vertex (any anywhere else!) gains on top of the HT; it’s all out war now! I’ve now been on Propecia for 3 months (and was on a non branded finasteride for about 2 months before that) and hopped on Minoxidil (rogain foam) as of the beginning of this week, day and night. I’ve also started with Nizoral shampoo twice weekly, derma rolling once weekly and started taking biotin suppliments. I'm prepared for a bit of shedding. This is all on top of a healthy balanced diet so my whole body is benefitting from me trying to grab some extra hair, win/win!

Anyway it has all gone smoothly so far (there were absolutely no complications during/post surgery, and I don't seem to be getting any sides from any of the meds) so just gotta be patient now (and quietly dream about HT No. 2 in my distant future where I drop the hairline just a fraction!) This is all kind of ironic as I separated from my wife last year and only now actually feel like the time is right to start possibly dating again but I might just have to wait it out until to I'm a bit less bald as I still think I look kinda weird under any kind of light!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Helios
          • Jun 2019

Don’t worry about the shedding phase. I lost all my transplanted hair on top a few weeks after. There was nothing left. at around month three it started regrowing fast with a vengeance.

Comment

• stevooo
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by chopper
            Well here's the 1 month update (actually I’m 3 days off but close enough!) I’ve hit the dreaded ugly duckling stage with quite a bit of shedding I think. Completely normal I know but it’s funny how you hit a bit of a wall during this 1-5 month period. The initial 10 days I actually loved as I could see a hairline again, although it was red and a bit scabby it was still a hairline! But after can be a bit anticlimactic. I’ve tried to offset it with fairly regular gym visits, the purpose being to take my mind off of it and actuate a change that I can see happening before my eyes. I am finding its giving me something to focus on other than bloody hair!

I noticed after uploading my original pics that I was getting a bit diffuse at the back so finally got around to making some big changes to my regimen this week in the hope of speeding things up and possibly making some mid-scalp/vertex (any anywhere else!) gains on top of the HT; it’s all out war now! I’ve now been on Propecia for 3 months (and was on a non branded finasteride for about 2 months before that) and hopped on Minoxidil (rogain foam) as of the beginning of this week, day and night. I’ve also started with Nizoral shampoo twice weekly, derma rolling once weekly and started taking biotin suppliments. I'm prepared for a bit of shedding. This is all on top of a healthy balanced diet so my whole body is benefitting from me trying to grab some extra hair, win/win!

Anyway it has all gone smoothly so far (there were absolutely no complications during/post surgery, and I don't seem to be getting any sides from any of the meds) so just gotta be patient now (and quietly dream about HT No. 2 in my distant future where I drop the hairline just a fraction!) This is all kind of ironic as I separated from my wife last year and only now actually feel like the time is right to start possibly dating again but I might just have to wait it out until to I'm a bit less bald as I still think I look kinda weird under any kind of light!
            Hi Chopper - results looking really good so far, keen to see how it progresses

Comment

• ran1875
              • Mar 2019

Hi Chopper

Your hair is looking good! I live in Edinburgh and have not done any research as yet, and had presumed I would travel to mainland Europe for a HT, but I wondered if you had considered this option before opting for UK surgeon?

My hair looks similar to yours - perhaps I have less around the crown. Do you mind telling me how much it has cost you?

Many thanks

Ran

Comment

• pkipling
                Inactive
                • Sep 2014

Your one month "ugly duckling" update wasn't as ugly as it can be, so congrats! It seems you're a couple weeks shy of 4 months, correct? Any updated photos? Come give us something to celebrate.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• chopper
                  • May 2019

Ahh yea so sorry pkiping! Work has been off the scale the last few months. It's kept me from thinking too much about the HT which has been nice though! It all seems to be coming on well. I'll get a set of pics up tomorrow to show me as of now which is just a couple of days short of 12 weeks. Watch this space...

Originally posted by pkipling
                  Your one month "ugly duckling" update wasn't as ugly as it can be, so congrats! It seems you're a couple weeks shy of 4 months, correct? Any updated photos? Come give us something to celebrate.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• chopper
                    • May 2019

Hi Ran, sure, although I'm not sure on forum etiquette with regards to posting costs, so feel free to dm me and I'll be happy to share that info with you. Dr Ball does show the price per graft on his website, and there are no hidden charges on top to worry about.

Comment

• chopper
                      • May 2019

Thanks Helios an Stevoo, past 3 months now and so glad to leave that ugly duckling stage behind for good now! I don't wanna see it again until I'm in my 80's!

Comment

• chopper
                        • May 2019

Apologies for the lack of updates, life has been non stop of late. I'm just past 7 months now and have attached some quick pics. I'm very happy with the progress so far and have noticed some nice thickening over the last month in particular. My hair has minoxidil in the pics so appears a bit greasy. I'll try to get some more detailed pics up soon. But really good progress so far. David Anderson has been great in getting back to all my queries
                        Attached Files

Comment

• pkipling
                          Inactive
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by chopper
                          Apologies for the lack of updates, life has been non stop of late. I'm just past 7 months now and have attached some quick pics. I'm very happy with the progress so far and have noticed some nice thickening over the last month in particular. My hair has minoxidil in the pics so appears a bit greasy. I'll try to get some more detailed pics up soon. But really good progress so far. David Anderson has been great in getting back to all my queries
                          Amazing progress! Glad this is working out so well for you.... And you still have more to look forward to.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

Working...