+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi
    my name is Ilija
    I have started balding at the age of 18 which honestly I think is pretty young age and it had destroyed my confidence for so long. At first i did not cope well with it and there was time when i did not go out at all due to being scared of what other people would think , but as the time went by I have decided to come to terms with it. Even though I am not completely bald, still I cannot let my hair grow too much. I usually cut it with hairclipper at the size of 0.5mm. First time I shaved my hair was 5 years, but I do not like razors and usually I use the hair clip for maintaining my bald look
    Occasionally I still envy people who have head full with hairs, but it is what it is. Sometimes I daydream about doing a hair transplant but I believe it will never happen since i think it is too expensive and the results may not meet the expectations .
    By the way, I never used any medications to prevent going bald.
    Anyway, I do not think I look that bad bald, and honestly after 11 years I do not care that much.
    Here are pictures of me with some (weird hair) and without

When you start losing your hair at age 18, it usually means you are going to have an advanced degree of hair loss. If this is the case, you will probably not have the donor area to maintain your hair as you mature. Therefore, consider very carefully before you have a hair transplant. Make sure any physician you might consider is honest and ethical because too many will just tell you, ok, and give you a hair transplant that might not be in your best interest. One always has to evaluate the donor area, the hair diameter, the family history of hair loss, and the potential for future hair loss before offering a hair transplant.