+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia cloging digestion. Taking one half twice a day? Is finasteride digested?

I have been taking Propecia for 5 months, 27 years old. I am disappointed with the results, my temples continuing to recede. I am at Norton 1-2 and have started with the treatment early, hoping for good results.

My sexual function works fine. so far I dont see detrimental cognitive effects. But I have problems with digestion. I am clogged. I used to poop every day, usually in the morning, with a firm "sausage" excrement. This changed. First month, it was watery, then it slowly became slower and slower to digest. Farts smell bad, even farting is harder. I am quite sure this is bad for my digestion.

I am thinking this could be related: if my digestion doesnt work properly, finasteride is not being properly digested and doesnt flow in the system, having less/ no effect.

On the other hand, if I take just 0,5, that is one half of the pill, the problems are not there. Do you think taking 0,5 in the morning and 0,5 in the evening would permit me to receive maximum pros and minimum cons? Or would it destabilize my hormone system?

I am probably going to start with Minoxidil. I also found this treatment Dercos. However, I will continue with Propecia for one year to see if the results show. But I am afraid this will destroy my digestion if I continue with the 1mg per day. It is a shame the topical systems are not that strong... I was hoping to be able to stop the damn thing until a better treatment comes out.

Thank you!

Switched to 0,5 per day. While being clogged is one thing, the pencil shape excrement is something I can't tolerate nor risking major diseases in my second brain. I would be happy to hear more about other people's experience with propecia and digestion.

Even the 0,5 dose has detrimental effect onto my digestion. Once the finasteride is dissolved in the body, I can poop normally and the excrement is a moist, hard, non-smelly, ie. well digested sausage (after old half-digested shit is excreted, which comes up in vast quantities as it was piling itself in there).

No reply...?

Quote Originally Posted by baldinghv View Post
    Switched to 0,5 per day. While being clogged is one thing, the pencil shape excrement is something I can't tolerate nor risking major diseases in my second brain. I would be happy to hear more about other people's experience with propecia and digestion.

Even the 0,5 dose has detrimental effect onto my digestion. Once the finasteride is dissolved in the body, I can poop normally and the excrement is a moist, hard, non-smelly, ie. well digested sausage (after old half-digested shit is excreted, which comes up in vast quantities as it was piling itself in there).

No reply...?
    What makes you think it's the propecia? You could have some unrelated medical condition.

It started after starting with Propecia (about 3 months in). I always had splendid digestion. It ends when finasteride level in my body is lower (about 4 extra hours after the day will show a clear effect and a rapidly produced, damp and compact sausage).

It might be another condition, of course. I wanted to see if there are similar experiences in anyone. I found another thread on the website with the symptoms, but that is all.

Basically my question was if Finasteride is digested already in the stomach or in the bowel. The fact that hair loss continued may be a concequence of my bowel not functioning right and my body not taking in finasteride properly.

Just in case anyone will have a similar condition, milk seems to keep the digestion going. Drinking a glass of milk in the morning will speed it up immediately, drinking it afternoon will keep the digestive process up.

Thats a great tip. Thanks for sharing.