+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help asap

Default need help asap

Hi,

20 years old, always had a big forehead and light curly frizzy hair. kept it long on top and short on sides, always had to some extent a bit of a widows peak hair line but nothing major until last year i realised it was probably receding. was in denial for a long time but the fact my brother has had extensive hair loss made me think that it was probably happening to me aswell. I acted soon and got on finasteride - 1 mg a day for 6 months but still seem to be losing +100 hairs a day - easily 15 over night on pillows and sheets - all different sized hairs but think all from top of head (diffuse thinning). and then easily 15 in shower when i wash hair and even when i shampoo im careful and dont run fingers through it all. then continued loss throughout day - constantly finding stray hairs and hairs when i style it.

my brother lost alot of his hair between 20 and 21 - when it was easily hidable ti now when bright lights show his scalp entirely. i still have quite alot of hair but its still thinning rapidly. all i want to do is to stabilise my hair loss so maybe one day i can get a transplant although that possibility is looking ever more unlikely.

im going to keep on finasteride until there's literally no point as i havent expeirenced side affects except a slight itch in my scalp.

i use keto shampoo once a week aswell - just started a month ago but still no improvement.

assuming keto doesnt kick in - i want to plant for worst case scenario that neither fin or keto work and i keep losing hair at same rate ---

tldr - finasteride not slowing down hair loss at all after 6 months

1. any one know any good ways to slow down hair fall and loss - any good tips

2. any one in similar boat where fin didnt work for 6 months - still heavy loss and then it kicked in?

3. i haven't been to a dermatologist as im 99% sure it's hereditary (although mums side still has all hair, all cousins do and dad does but why else would me and my brother be expereicning exact same hair loss pattern) but has anyone gone to derm in uk? do you just go through regular GP on NHS or what is best way for hair loss?

4. i use super drug pharamacy fin - is this good?