+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Please help - Finasteride shedding/thinning my hair after 3 weeks

Guys,

I need your help desperately!

My history -

27 yo Male. I started losing hair on the crown region couple of years ago. Consulted a hair transplant doc and he recommended Finasteride 1.5 mg/day. Shaved my head on March 14 2019 to see progress and started Finasteride 3 weeks ago. Now, I am not shedding my regular hair but shedding some small white, transparent hair. I also see that my overall hair has thinned. I am scared to continue Finasteride. Your inputs would be valuable here. Is what I'm experiencing normal?

PS - I haven't had any other sides.

It is normal and expected to have a shed when first using finasteride, it will come back in a few weeks. I experienced it twice, when I first started and then years later when I quit and then restarted again. Don't worry about it, you may also have a shed 8 months from now for some reason, but in my case it always filled in nicely.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Couple of questions for you -

1. Did your hair thicken once they started to regrow after the shed?

2. Did you experience any regrowth at all in the places where you had lost hair prior to starting fin?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I’m new here and have recently started Finasteride taking .5mg over two nights. I have noticed that my erections are slightly weaker and my semen is watery.. will these sides subside if I continue the medication or should I expect to experience this throughout my use?

Sorry to hijack the post. I’m not sure how to pose my own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Finquery View Post
    Hi,

I’m new here and have recently started Finasteride taking .5mg over two nights. I have noticed that my erections are slightly weaker and my semen is watery.. will these sides subside if I continue the medication or should I expect to experience this throughout my use?

Sorry to hijack the post. I’m not sure how to pose my own thread
    I don't mean to sound like a dick, but taking a half mg only twice? Are you sure you're not imagining things?

I've been taking it two months and haven't seen anything, not positive or negative, nothing.

Of course everyone is different, you'll have to decide for yourself if your getting side effects and should quit, but I think after such a short amount of time you should give it a little longer, wait a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by yjr1991 View Post

2. Did you experience any regrowth at all in the places where you had lost hair prior to starting fin?

Thanks in advance!
    Just saw your question today, my hair did get thicker and yes the crown filled right in, I had very little loss in the crown before I started but it did fill in, the only area that stayed the same was the front hair line, it didn't get worse it just didn't fill in at the temples or what ever you call it. Fins worked great for me for 20+ years. I didn't even think about going bald. I do have to say that it effected my sex drive and erections. I just didn't know it was the fins because I was told it was normal for someone with high blood pressure and being over weight and all, so I didn't even think it could be the medication.

Quote Originally Posted by yjr1991 View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Just saw your question today, my hair did get thicker and yes the crown filled right in, I had very little loss in the crown before I started but it did fill in, the only area that stayed the same was the front hair line, it didn't get worse it just didn't fill in at the temples or what ever you call it. Fins worked great for me for 20+ years. I didn't even think about going bald. I do have to say that it effected my sex drive and erections. I just didn't know it was the fins because I was told it was normal for someone with high blood pressure and being over weight and all, so I didn't even think it could be the medication.