5mg finasteride cut down instead of 1mg?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

5mg finasteride cut down instead of 1mg?

Hi guys. I've been taking 1mg finasteride for 4 years now with great results. I've used both generic and brand name and haven't noticed a difference between the two. My pharmacist recently recommended I ask my doctor for a 5mg prescription and cut them down into fifths. He said this would save a lot of money. (I'm sure there is already a thread on this but I couldn't find one.)
    My fear is that by cutting the 5mg tabs, I may not be getting 1mg exactly every day and I may start to loose hair. At least with 1mg tabs, I know I'm getting the dose I need. Has anyone else switched from 1mg to 5mg? Did you notice a difference in hair loss? Did you have difficulty cutting the tabs? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Kissh
    • Mar 2019

I personally take Proscar (way cheaper...). I get it online to save $$. Just search for keyword "STOP4BALD" in Google to find the reliable source. I use one of the tablet cutters to divide my 5mg into quarters. Probably best to use a steady hand and a sharp razor blade. Just carefully cut the pill into fourths leaving one piece larger than the rest then simply cut that piece in half again.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Hi there,

See my videos on here as they will help. Don't sweat cutting 5mg tab EXACTLY. As long as you consume it over 4/5 day its going to make no difference at all.

I get MANY emails from people wanting to start finasteride / Proscar and as I’ve stated on forum posts along with many other forum posters that it’s important you get legitimate products from a trusted source as there are many bogus online drug stores out there in my option so be careful. The first step […]

Regards
      Spex
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• winkywoo
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Spex
        Hi there,

See my videos on here as they will help. Don't sweat cutting 5mg tab EXACTLY. As long as you consume it over 4/5 day its going to make no difference at all.

I get MANY emails from people wanting to start finasteride / Proscar and as I’ve stated on forum posts along with many other forum posters that it’s important you get legitimate products from a trusted source as there are many bogus online drug stores out there in my option so be careful. The first step […]

Regards
        Spex
        Thanks a lot for this! Much appreciated.

Comment

• Spex
          Dr Representative
          • Nov 2008

No worries.
          Regards
          Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• winkywoo
            • Dec 2014

Spex, if you don’t mind me asking - how frequently do you cut your pills? Do you cut all 30 into fifths at once? Or do you cut one 5mg tab every 5 days? Also, how do you store the cut tabs? Is there anything I should know about storing cut tabs? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

Hi

I now take Dutasteride. When I took finasterdie I used to bite mine daily. Try not over think it as long as you get the tab in you over 5/6 days - No dramas.

Regards
              Spex
              A world renowned hair loss and hair transplant adviser. Spex has received several hair transplant procedures along with appropriate treatments!

Comment

Working...