+ Reply to Thread

Default Combined Transplant (Turkey) + Scalp Micro-pigmentation?

I've diffused hair thinning, not typical Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) so I'm not sure if Norwood scale applies to me. If it does, I'm not sure what level of Norwood I'm at.

My haircare routine for past 2 years is Regenpure DR Shampoo + Minoxidil 5% at night. It hasn't helped or maybe it has slowed down the rate of hair-fall, can't be sure. Tried Finastride for couple of weeks and stopped because of sexual problems - erection/libido dysfunction. NEVER taking it again.

Decided to explore transplant options; spoke to a few doctors and got variety of advise:

Dr. Prasad (Manhattan, NY) - consulted in-person. Recommends two sessions (18 months apart) of ACell+PRP. My research shows it's mostly a gimmick so I declined.

Dr. Koray Erdoğan(ASMED Clinic, Turkey) - consulted with photos. He is unwilling to do any transplant without committing to Finastride because he thinks I've significant miniaturization and have extreme risk of shock hairloss in remaining areas after transplant. Not taking finasteride, so, not an option.

Dr Hakan Doganay (Turkey) - consulted with photos, over 7000 Euros and recommends 4000 grafts (not hair). Quite expensive.

Dr. K (AEK, Istanbul) - says it looks it'd take about 4000 hair (not grafts) to get natural looking results. Cost is about 2300 Euros (hairline determining incisions performed by Dr. K.). So, I'm going to do this. But he said without finasteride, I could experience more hair loss etc.

Given that there is a significant risk of further shock loss, how is this strategy below?

1. Get hair transplant for now - 4000 hair at AEK - Turkey - focusing more on hairline/temples and front/midscalp. These transplanted hair will be resistant to DHT/hairloss. So, more or less will stay permanent. After 10 months when hair transplant results are apparent, I can go ahead and do:

2. Scalp micro-pigmentation to cover remaining thinning areas or wherever I experienced more shockloss.

Yes - I could do scalp micropigmentation without waiting 10 months but then it'd be difficult to visually see the results of transplant. While waiting for transplanted hair to grow, I can use something like Toppik.

Does this sound like a good strategy?

What if I need a second transplant. Can a second transplant be done over micropigmented scalp as well?

I don't want to keep my hair really short or buzzed look. I want to keep them medium length. So, is micropigmentation going to look similar to using something like Toppik and give illusion of density or will it be obvious that between long hair, there is black scalp (2-d, instead of 3-d)? Any experience with this?

My current hair picture below: