X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebirther
    • Apr 2019

Body And Beard Loss, Thinning In Finasteride

Hello there,
    I m 32 years old and i was in finasteride for about 20 days 1mg proscar/day.

In second week of taking finasteride i saw to lose my leg hairs and chest and stomach hair,genitalia hair, also my beard became more soft (change colour to more blonde),
    lost the thickness and some beard hairs starting to fall.

in 20th day i decited to stop finasteride so i did it.
    I am now 40 days off this drug and my beard is still weak also i noticed i have lost many arm and leg hairs.
    Also my eylashes are now longer and little softer than before finasteride

1. does anyone else had this reaction of this medication?
    2. is this reversable? (beard and body hair will become like before finasteride?)
    3 . If this is reversable how long to see my old beard come back and the hairs in other body places?

thanks for your time!
  • Ahab
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Rebirther
    Hello there,
    I m 32 years old and i was in finasteride for about 20 days 1mg proscar/day.

In second week of taking finasteride i saw to lose my leg hairs and chest and stomach hair,genitalia hair, also my beard became more soft (change colour to more blonde),
    lost the thickness and some beard hairs starting to fall.

in 20th day i decited to stop finasteride so i did it.
    I am now 40 days off this drug and my beard is still weak also i noticed i have lost many arm and leg hairs.
    Also my eylashes are now longer and little softer than before finasteride

1. does anyone else had this reaction of this medication?
    2. is this reversable? (beard and body hair will become like before finasteride?)
    3 . If this is reversable how long to see my old beard come back and the hairs in other body places?

thanks for your time!
    It didn't seem to affect my beard, but I did lose almost all the hair from my chest.

Comment

• Localguy
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Ahab
      It didn't seem to affect my beard, but I did lose almost all the hair from my chest.
      Yes! me too, I lost all my hair on chest, legs, stomach and even under my arms. But the beard and head stayed good for many years. Now at 63 yrs old and on Fins for 20 plus yrs or so, I am thinning out a lot on top.

Comment

• Ahab
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Localguy
        Yes! me too, I lost all my hair on chest, legs, stomach and even under my arms. But the beard and head stayed good for many years. Now at 63 yrs old and on Fins for 20 plus yrs or so, I am thinning out a lot on top.
        Same thing with me. Curiously, I had transplants decades ago, and they are what's thinning on top.

Comment

Working...