+ Reply to Thread

Default Low density hair on top, am I balding..?

So I have always had a pretty low density of hair on top of my hair for as long as I can remember, the first memories dating back to like 2012 when I was 14 (currently 21). Before that I didn't really look at my hair in that way so idk. Under some light it looks pretty bad to me and under like fluorescent/office light it looks decent. I really just can't tell if I'm balding or not and it's driving me crazy, the reasons why I can't tell is because:

- My hairline is still very intact and straight (NW1 I'd say), in the pictures it might seems like some stubbles and miniaturizing or even a slight push back in the temples, but this is not the case. The barber just pushed it back a little with a straight razor.
    - I have had a low density on top as long as I can remember (14+ years of age), I don't think I could've started balding at such young age and even if I did it would've been an aggressive one that would've finished me no later than 19??

All I want to find out is if I am balding or not, I'd start taking finasteride immediately if I knew the answer. I just don't want to commit a lifetime of taking a pill that I might not even need and maybe it was all in my head.

Some background info:
    My mothers side: every single one of her brothers (7) has a full head of hair in their 40s, 50s and 60s. Her father died with a full head of hair at 80ish. Even her mother's side they all still have hair including cousins, uncles, etc. I have read many times that the baldness gene is more likely to come from the mothers side so this always gives me somewhat hope..
    Now my fathers side is unfortunately not like that. I have 3 uncles, 2 of them including my father started balding around 25-30 and are now pretty much NW6 at age 45+ including my dad. The other uncle has a full head of hair. My father's dad is also bald. But they all started to get noticeably bald after their 30s so you'd think it's nothing aggressive hence why I'm shocked I'm already so thin on top at 21. The pattern that my uncles and dad balded in was also from the hairline receding, which is not my case and I'm just thin on top.

Here are 20 images of my hair:
    Some notes: I naturally have 2 vertexes and in some pictures it might look very thin but it's just the very strong bathroom lighting.
    https://imgur.com/a/nFVLeK8