+ Reply to Thread

Default New Here Need Advice

Hey guys just wanted opinions on my hair loss and what I should do. I just turned 25 last month and have noticeable thinning in the front of my hair, should I just shave my head or just go with a short buzz?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190401_163612.jpg

Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	62030  

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

Hi Jon,

How are you?

Your photo shows hairless in the hairline and at 25 you will lose more. Are you on any medications to control your loss? Completely understand if you have reservations but you still have a good amount of hair and getting that under control should be step 1.
    If a short buzz or shaving is an option that you are happy to consider then that is definitely the way to go. If you don't like it, you can always consider other options, but you can't go back after a transplant.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael84hair View Post
    Hi Jon,

How are you?

Your photo shows hairless in the hairline and at 25 you will lose more. Are you on any medications to control your loss? Completely understand if you have reservations but you still have a good amount of hair and getting that under control should be step 1.
    If a short buzz or shaving is an option that you are happy to consider then that is definitely the way to go. If you don't like it, you can always consider other options, but you can't go back after a transplant.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

I am not on any medications I was thinking of buying rogaine or some other hair product to help but I was told they're a waste of money and I'm in the military so transplants are not really a big concern to the military so I dont think they'll pay for it...

Inactive

You're definitely showings signs of MPB/recession, although who's to say at this point how much it will progress.

Rogaine and Finasteride are both effective in slowing down hair loss, so I would definitely consider getting on them. You'll need a prescription from a doctor to take Finasteride, not to mention it does come with a slight risk of side effects (like any drug). If you want to take it, this is something you'll get to discuss in detail with a doctor.

As for the hairstyle, find a barber who could steer you in the right direction based on the overall look of your hair/head. There's a chance that between the medication and a proper hair style that you find yourself very happy and satisfied with how everything looks. And if at some point down the line you decide you do want a hair transplant, you'll know you did everything else to address it ahead of time.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.