+ Reply to Thread

Post Need advice for hair transplant. Please help!

I have been talking to 2 doctors and is planning to make a decision this coming April so that I can schedule my first hair transplant in May. Both doctors believe they can get more than 3000+ graft and believe 3000 graft should cover my bald area. (Please see my current Front and Back hair pics below)

1 doctor has to combine both FUT and FUE procedure in one session for getting the most graft. 3000+.

1 doctor believe FUT in one session alone is enough for getting more than 3000+ graft.

The cost for both doctors is about the same. What do you guy think and which doctor should I go for?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Back.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	62020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top, Front.jpg

Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	62021  

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

Hey Kit,

How are you?

Well done for beginning your research. But don't stop there. You have had 2 consultations from different Drs. Could I ask who?

Nowadays when necessary Doctors can perform "megasessions" of over 3000 grafts and when appropriate, they do so regularly. Without having seen photos of your donor, it is impossible to tell, but with the loss that you have and the apparent calibre of your hair, you seem as though you could be a good candidate for hair transplant surgery.
    How old are you?
    I take it that you haven't had any previous work?
    If that answer is a no, I really don't understand why a Doctor would recommend you to combine both FUE and FUT at this stage. It doesn't make sense to me. Could you please ask him why this is necessary? If it is purely to reach 3000 grafts, then this isn't a good enough answer Im afraid.

Realistic expectations are essential. Whilst I can't see from the 2 photos that you have posted, any reason why you wouldn't be able to achieve a great result, 3000 grafts will not cover your full balding area. Its important that you understand this. If the full area is grafted into with 3000 grafts then you will have very poor density.

I would suggest that you search some patients results with similar loss to yours, and see how far 3000 grafts go, and how many grafts would be necessary to approach a more fuller coverage.

I would also advise you to consult with some other Drs. Do more research, select Drs that are achieving some of the best most consistent results in cases similar to your own, and send them some photos. Get their opinion and recommendations on your situation. If both Doctors have told you that with 3000 grafts you will get full coverage, then you probably shouldnt be scheduling with either of them.

You have time. Don't rush into anything. You have free resources at hand and honest, ethical people people who will help you. Research a little further and get some other professional opinions.

Wishing you the best of luck.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

Raphael84hair thanks for taking your time answering my questions. In this case, how many grafts do you think I need? Both doctors suggest that I would need at least 1500 - 2000 grafts for my frontal part and 1500 grafts for my middle part.

I am 36 year old and never had hair transplant before and believe I have really good donor area.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I really need your help..i had a transplant 20 years ago and its time to have another one..toppik cant cover it all..i was wondering if any of you had an experience with Dr,DeYarman in San Diego or Dr. Williams in Las Vegas?? I have a strip already so FUT will be the best thing for me ..

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

Kit,

How are you?

In your response you said:
    "Both doctors suggest that I would need at least 1500 - 2000 grafts for my frontal part and 1500 grafts for my middle part."

This could well be accurate but this doesn't address your crown. You initial post said 3000 grafts to cover your bald area.

I would agree that potentially 2000 grafts into the frontal third to rebuild the hairline and add strength behind, and another 1500-2000 grafts into the mid scalp. I feel that between 3000-4000 grafts would achieve a significant aesthetic result in framing your face.
    Then I would suggest that a further procedure would/could address the crown.

Overall you would require a good amount of grafts. Therefore not only your hairline design but your hairline placement is essential. It must be age appropriate and intelligently planned. The lower it is, the more grafts you will need to fill in behind. This is why your choice of Dr, his experience and ethical approach is very important. He must have your long term situation as his priority.

I hope that your donor is very good as you're say. This is a huge contributing factor in what can be achieved.

Consult with further Doctors and get some recommendations from the very best. Make the first step a very positive and confident one.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

Hi All,

Nowadays many people are having a hair loss problem. Hair transplant is the best treatment for hair loss problems. I have seen many patients get hair that lasts long who has treated by Dr.Mayank Singh.

Hi All,

I recently did a 2800 graft (5600+) hair transplant. Took the attached pics 5 days after the procedure. What do you guys think about the transplant? Will it provide acceptable density? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190617_184458.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	65008   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190617_182928.jpg

Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	65009  

Quote Originally Posted by kit002 View Post
    Hi All,

I recently did a 2800 graft (5600+) hair transplant. Took the attached pics 5 days after the procedure. What do you guys think about the transplant? Will it provide acceptable density? Thanks!
    I mean 2800 graft (or 5600+ hair)

Quote Originally Posted by kit002 View Post
    Hi All,

Any comment? Thanks!