+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Don't do it

I don't know you from adam but you would be CRAZY to have a procedure done.

First, your hair looks great. Not perfect, not movie star quality, but it looks full to me. More importantly, the style suits you.

Second, you're way too young and have way too much hair to be thinking about a procedure.

Third, I believe you would be risking more natural hair due to shock loss, etc. than you would gain from a procedure. It's not worth the trade off or the risk.

Personally, I believe a person should be an advanced Norwood 4 or solid 5 before you get a transplant.

Let the meds do their work and see how things go. The risk of a procedure for a guy in your shoes is just not worth it IMHO.

A final word of warning: you are EXACTLY the type of person who winds up on these boards crying in their beer about what a disaster their hair transplant turned out to be. Complaining that they went from a Norwood 2 to a 4 and agonizing about how thin they look... not to mention wondering why they spent 10 grand and six months of anxious waiting only to end up with LESS hair and more scars than before the procedure.

And don't go thinking that you're just "trying to stay ahead of the game" (rolls eyes). That's a huge red flag right there.

Now I'm not saying that getting a transplant is wrong or that you should never do it. Only that you're not there yet. Far from it.

Hal

Akliner, please listen to the commenters above. It is disturbing that the surgeon is now recommending surgery to you. You do NOT need it and you will end up with a strip scar in the back that you will not like. Don't Do It.

Akliner, I understand that because you are in the performing arts there is a great deal of pressure to look and feel perfect. Believe me your hair looks great a lot of well known actors have naturally high hairlines and it has not stopped them from getting the great parts. As a matter of fact it makes them look more believable so if your concern is purely professional don't worry you look fantastic.
    Hair restoration surgery at a young age will mean that you will probably feel the need to get more than one procedure done over time. You may end up chasing your hair loss.
    If I were you I would continue on the propecia and rogaine for as long as possible. You have not been on it that long so there is a good chance you will see more improvement. It could be that by the time you really need it there will be better therapies available for hair loss and you might not need the surgery at all.
    Last edited by mlao; 10-03-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Is anybody else feel way different at different times about hairloss. ? Meaning every morning when i wake up my hair looks soso/ok. But after my shower when wet its extremely thin and go crazy after looking in the mirror. Or think about what to do if it rains outside...Also I don't have a job right now,its been 2 years so that means more obsession with hairloss. Anybody else feel like that?

Yeah, I used to be obsessed with my hairloss. Frankly, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it. At this point, although I am not a fan of head-shaving, I think I may buzz it down to less than 1/8 inch because I look old and unattractive if it grows out too much. I am returning to school in a month and will remain there until 2012. I am going to work hard so, hopefully, I can have a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Is anybody else feel way different at different times about hairloss. ? Meaning every morning when i wake up my hair looks soso/ok. But after my shower when wet its extremely thin and go crazy after looking in the mirror. Or think about what to do if it rains outside.......... Anybody else feel like that?

Yes sir, every friggin morning

Have to put some " product " in my hair to make myelf look presentable

SOmetimes I put too much and it comes across looking flat and greasy .

Also worry when it gets hot and 90 + degrees outside or in the case of where I live ( Canada ) when it get cold , snowing and freezing outside .

I hate it

Been like this for the last 10 yrs

At some point in time I wish wish what ever hair i am goign to lose would just fall out so I knwo what i have to live with going forward

10 yrs ago I wish I had the b*lls to go for a bruush cut , I would probbaly be a little happier than I am now

My HT isn't bad it's just that after one you continually lose more hair and to fight the losing battle you have mopre HT's and I 'm just not ready to back for another surgery

As for the OP ........I feel your pain but hairloss in men is ineviatbale .

If you are goign to lose your hair it's going to happen , there isn't much you can to stop it

I wish you all the best

I'm glad theres others out there like me.. I really want to shave it to an inch so I won't have to see hairs falling out and going nuts over it..I feel exactly the same about wanting whatever hairs going to fall out.just happen. I had a haircut the other day from a new stylist and asked her if I should shave it or what to do. She just trimmed it. After that haircut my hair is EXTREMELY thin.. I have never been able to see so much of my fckin scalp! I would feel so fckin wonderful if they had a cure....One day i feel like Im over this obsession then back to the fckin mirrors and crying over this shit!!!!

It would be best if you just continue your medication. Please don't get tired of it and always hope for the best. Most medications won't work as easy as we might think but it will you just have to wait and continue to believe with whatever medications you are in now, provided your doctor prescribe them.

for young guys thinning can spread quickly