+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Let's hope not, huh?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Let's hope not, huh?
    Actually, I think the procedure sounds like it could be quite fun! Relaxing day in a chair...all hopped up on Valium...and then one year later...BRAND NEW HAIR!

But maybe I'm weird...

I think you've got a very good attitude towards all this, and a very good likely outcome.

25 is young but not *that* young to start losing. Particularly with your regimen, you have a good chance of stabilizing and possibly regrowing hair. If you turn 30 and want to up the ante, you'll be a good age to embark on the transplant option.

Technology is improving, too, and there's a good chance we'll have better treatments available by the time you really need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    I think you've got a very good attitude towards all this, and a very good likely outcome.

25 is young but not *that* young to start losing. Particularly with your regimen, you have a good chance of stabilizing and possibly regrowing hair. If you turn 30 and want to up the ante, you'll be a good age to embark on the transplant option.

Technology is improving, too, and there's a good chance we'll have better treatments available by the time you really need them.
    Yikes. Well, I definitely know I want some hairline restoration done...in the next two years.

What I really need is somebody to tell me how many total grafts I got in my head!

Update:

It's been one month since I made this post. I thought I'd post 'progress' pictures. I'm not sure it's any worse. As you can see, my hair has grown in length, and is now buzzed on the back and sides.

I've noticed that I'm getting some regrowth of peachfuzz in my right temple, but you can't really see in the picture (the one where I'm pushing the mature hair aside in an attempt to highlight it).

Here is my regimen:

1.25mg generic Finasteride/daily -- 10 weeks
    5% Rogaine Foam/2x daily -- 12 weeks
    1mg Nizoral Shampoo/3x week -- 4 weeks

I also got a new camera (via my Droix X cell phone) and have taken these pictures in natural daylight without flash. Any feedback would be appreciated!

I think it honestly looks thicker and healthier then your last set of pictures. Congratulations!

It's hard to compare these photos to the others as the camera and lighting are different, but these look like they better represent what you and others actually see under most conditions, and I'd say it's looking pretty good. Your hair colour is ideal for hiding thinning and your hairline looks to be holding up well.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    It's hard to compare these photos to the others as the camera and lighting are different, but these look like they better represent what you and others actually see under most conditions, and I'd say it's looking pretty good. Your hair colour is ideal for hiding thinning and your hairline looks to be holding up well.
    Thanks for the reply... both of you. Matt-- I will be using this camera and lighting scenario from now on for the sake of consistency.

Thumbs up

As Matt pointed out, these are much better images that look like they represent your situation well. I personally think you’re in a very good position. Your hair looks pretty full and the color definitely helps hide any loss that you do have. Keep doing what you are doing, you look very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    As Matt pointed out, these are much better images that look like they represent your situation well. I personally think you’re in a very good position. Your hair looks pretty full and the color definitely helps hide any loss that you do have. Keep doing what you are doing, you look very good!
    Thanks! I'm curious to see how it will progress/decline/whatever in the next few months.