+ Reply to Thread

Default The truth about finasteride vs propecia 2019

Hi my name is "s" I'm about to be 24 years old in April. I wanted to create this thread to fully explain my story and the truth about my hair loss and experience on 1 mg generic propecia aka finasteride and 1 mg propeica. all of the men in family on my moms side and dads side are bald. so it was only a matter of time until hair loss caught up to me. I used to have amazing thick full hair since I was a little boy up until late 21 my only hairdresser I used since I was 16 years old and whenever he would cut my hair he would always express how jealous he was of my hair and wish he had my hair every time would cut my hair then told me my hair is thinning and "wasn't the same". I still remember the feeling of my heart sinking. he gave me a bottle of kerestase thinning shampoo for free which retails at $50. I always thought to myself I still have all my hair this generational hair loss curse skipped me! because I been on biotin since 18. well…I learned biotin don't keep hair just grows whatever remains on your scalp lol..later on in life going into 22 my scalp would itch every single night. constantly scratching itching and combing my scalp to relieve it of its itch counting strands on my pillow/hair brush/bathroom sink and floor. my parents kept telling me just get on propecia my uncles would tell me no don't go on propecia you won't be able to have children! I was told by so many people not to go on propecia and I read so many horror stories and I kept promising myself I would go on propecia when it gets really bad..so then at 23 I was continuing to take biotin,coconut oil pills doing hair masks every once a week (Moroccan oil, coconut oil and castor oil) and I would see results until nothing was helping. my scalp was just getting itchier and itchier and hair was just getting lifeless and frizzy (still today the crown of my head is fine. never my issue just my temples.) I would avoid cutting my hair just to keep it longer to look more full, I would only wash my hair once a week hoping my hair would get better..it wasn't. but yet I was just so scared to get on propeica my temples was disappearing before my eyes..so I finally gave in and turned in my prescription for propecia I held onto for 8 months out of fear!! finally when the pharmacist gave me the pills I happen to receive the generic version of propeica (1 mg finasteride by camber) i began on February 6th 2019. and I did not see any results at all I felt like It was getting worse. I was losing my sex drive completely my semen was super watery and still was getting itchy scalp and shedding…so I said ok let me just finish the generic brand for one month and I can switch to propecia. so I did I picked up the real propecia 1 mg and started march 6th and since then my sex drive is back to normal I'm constantly thinking about sex and have no issue getting erect. semen back to normal. hair results? nothing massive yet they say I won't see results until 2-9 months. and my scalp isn't so itchy. so moral of the story is. DONT BUY THE GENERIC BUY THE REAL. I didn't like the generic at all. with propecia there is no side effects what so ever forget all the horror stories you've read and heard there's no depression there's no breasts there's none of that and my dad told me "I wouldn't tell you to take a pill if it was gonna damage you or hurt you, I would of been on it too but when propecia came out my hair was completely gone." my regret is not getting on propecia sooner. thank god I still got on at a decent time. but I will be giving updates and photos very soon.

I’ve never heard that before about generic having different side effects. Can anyone else on here confirm that same experience?

+1 Generics work great for me.