4329 Grafts- Fue - Asmed - Dr. Koray - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 4329 Grafts- Fue - Asmed - Dr. Koray

Hey everyone,

I am 34 years old. My main issue with my hair (or lack of it ) is my deep temporal recession (as you can see in the pictures attached). The temples have been receding ever since I was 22. in the age of 26 or so, I have started to take propecia. the treatment pretty much stopped the receding and it is stable for the past 6-7 years.

It has always been my dream to have a hair transplant, but because I am very sensitive to ppl and work colleagues seeing me after the transplant and with no hair. I postponed the hair transplant as much as I could. I managed to get 4-5 months leave from work, so I'm hoping I'll have some hair by the time I have to go back to work.

Estimations I got
    based in the pictures I sent I got an estimation from Dr. Koray 3800-4000 80cm2 50 grafts per cm2

Dr. koray estimate is the highest from all the clinics I contacted, but I saw it as a good thing - it's because he plans to cover more of the scalp with hair and to do the hair transplant with high density. given my current hair loss stage and the fact, the hair loss has stopped for the last 6 years - I was cool with his estimation.

Choosing a hair transplant Dr
    I liked the results of Dr Koray, and I love his hairline designs, as I like more relatively aggressive hairline (and not the "half circle", most sergeants do).
    Another plus for ASMED, is my great personal patient coordinator, Suzana. unlike other clinics, I got from Suzana very thorough and quick answers to my questions. she was very patient with me even though I had A LOT of questions. sometimes she misses a few of my questions, but overall she is super helpful, nice and provided me with all the answers I needed - And most importantly she made me feel like someone is with me throughout the process which is very important to me. As i'm doing the procedure in a foreign country.

First day - consultation
    ASMED driver waited for me at the airport as Suzana said he would. I checked in the hotel, which is a 2 min walk from the clinic. then ASMED driver waited for me at 12:00 (2 hr after I arrived). Suzana welcomed me at the entrance and then I had the blood test. afterward, I met DR. Koray he is very nice, he saw that my temples was thin and asked if I would like to transplant in that area as well, I said yes and then he changed the grafts number for hair transplant from 4000 to 4300. then he drew a hairline he thought is good for me, it was ok but I wanted it a little bit lower and the temples with a little less angle. he said we will consider it after the head shave.

So, they shaved my head, took a few pictures and then I went to this machine that supposed to count the grafts and hairs from the entire head.

then we went back to DR he agreed to do the changes I wanted.

operation day 1+2
    I got a really professional team (jasmin). I used the iPad the gave as a mirror to see her work. she was very professional.
    I didn't feel the anesthetics at all and slept half the surgery.
    after the extraction (that was made by jasmin) i had lunch and got back to the incision part which is done by the Dr himself. when that part is finished jasmin continued to the implanting fase.
    the second day repeted it self.

after the first operation day my face was doubled in size and after the second one, it tripled! I look now like a giant balloon.

operation details
    1st day - hairline and temples - 2400 grafts.
    2nd day - 1929 grafts'
    density - 48 grafts per cm

572 - Singels
    2733 Doubles
    900 - Triples
    118 - Quadruple
    6 - Quintpule
    Hair/grafts ratio 2.13

pictures before & after the HT attached:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	635_Sag.jpg

Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	61749Click image for larger version

Name:	635_On.jpg

Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	61750Click image for larger version

Name:	_1.jpg

Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	61751Click image for larger version

Name:	image12_1544852957.jpg

Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	61752Click image for larger version

Name:	wanted hairline 2.jpg

Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	61753

i'll keep you updated

did I read this wrong or you really did 4300 grafts just in the frontal third and temples???

I just finished Asmed surgery a few days ago. Hope it goes good. All these posts lately about bad results there have me very worried.

Yes 4329 grafts.

He made it very dense I guess. Other clinics like rahal\cole\basinga estimations was 3000-3500 grafts, so if you take into account the temples it's not far from their estimation. Also, it is knows the Dr. koray takes more grafts compered to other HT Dr - for good and bad.

i have the same baldness type as my dad. he is bald only in the frontal area. that is why I was ok with it. I know I wouldn't need another big transplant in the crown area.

About the bad results lately- I saw the posts here as well, he does 4-5 HT per day, and I saw only 3 that were bad, I hope he is still top surgent. anyway, there is no going back now

If you are confident you won't lose your crown or much beyond the transplanted areas, then I guess it makes sense. I'm not so lucky as my dad and uncles are NW6 at best. I just did 2700 in my frontal (no temples) and still worried I won't have enough for when the rest goes (even though I am on fin).

My only complaint about ASMED, which is a big one, is how young my technicians appeared. I was told 5 years experience but not provided any evidence of what that means or their training, etc. Everything at ASMED is state of the art but when it comes down to it, the most important part for results is the technicians who are actually doing the work. They seemed to know what they were doing, but I'm still rather nervous because there really isn't any supervision. I think Erdogan should be overseeing more of the operation, even if that only means 30 minutes outside of the incisions to make sure they are doing the work properly.

With his new facility, they are doing closer to 6-8 per day. Too many in my opinion.

Mine looked a bit older she said she was doing it for 11 years. she looked very professional, the other members of the team were young, but their roll wan't so important (counting grafts, cleaning the blood etc).

Dr koray said at the checkup that I was his favorite Ht this day and told jasmin (the one who did the extraction and planting - that she did a very good job)

Lucky you. I should have made a point with my patient coordinator prior to flying out that I wanted someone with more experience and to know what their name was prior to coming. It sounds like you got lucky with Jasmin. Wish I would have read this thread a week ago. Just seems like Russian Roullette with all the different technicians he has now. One person's results can be completely different that another's.

Koray said mine looked really good afterwards too, but let's be honest, he is going to tell that to every patient. Because at that point, it is pretty much too late to make any corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by xadiohead View Post
    With his new facility, they are doing closer to 6-8 per day. Too many in my opinion.
    I asked before i booked- they are doing 4-5, not 6-8, when I was doing it there were 3 others (4 total).

Quote Originally Posted by xadiohead View Post
    Lucky you. I should have made a point with my patient coordinator prior to flying out that I wanted someone with more experience and to know what their name was prior to coming. It sounds like you got lucky with Jasmin. Wish I would have read this thread a week ago. Just seems like Russian Roullette with all the different technicians he has now. One person's results can be completely different that another's.

Dr Koray said mine looked really good afterwards too, but let's be honest, he is going to tell that to every patient. Because at that point, it is pretty much too late to make any corrections.
    I tried to do that, but my coordinator said the teams are set on the day of the surgery and I cannot choose.

Yeah I guess, he would tell it to everyone makes sense.

But I really believe that the most important part is the incision which is made by Dr koray, this is the phase that require the most skill, set the density, the hairline shape, the depth of the grafts, angle etc...