+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

i don't really want any feuds with people, xadiohead. Your opinions are noted and I respect them.

I kinda figured this is what happened but thanks for explaining doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Cole, MD View Post
    It's not me. It's Pat Hennessey. Years ago he lowered his standards and began promoting surgeons with a history of problems that I had to correct. I asked to be taken off his "recommended" list. In this industry, there are those that are after a quick buck by doing things that are not in the best interest of patients as a whole. I've forgotten about all of it, but Pat and his helper still hold a grudge for reasons that are incomprehensible. To this day, they will not allow any of my patients to post their results on their site. They also protect a doctor that they recommend by covering up the damage and even go so far as to blame the patient for the bad results. This is what happens when money gets in the way of morality. Personally, I'd prefer to put the differences of opinion in the past. It's not in my hands though. Onward and upward. If you really want to find the top surgeons look to the IAHRS.

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Cole, MD View Post
    It's not me. It's Pat Hennessey. Years ago he lowered his standards and began promoting surgeons with a history of problems that I had to correct. I asked to be taken off his "recommended" list. In this industry, there are those that are after a quick buck by doing things that are not in the best interest of patients as a whole. I've forgotten about all of it, but Pat and his helper still hold a grudge for reasons that are incomprehensible. To this day, they will not allow any of my patients to post their results on their site. They also protect a doctor that they recommend by covering up the damage and even go so far as to blame the patient for the bad results. This is what happens when money gets in the way of morality. Personally, I'd prefer to put the differences of opinion in the past. It's not in my hands though. Onward and upward. If you really want to find the top surgeons look to the IAHRS.
    Are talking about a doctor who's first name begins with K?

Quote Originally Posted by farsanUK View Post
    Are talking about a doctor who's first name begins with K?
    I could be wrong but I don't think he is talking about Koray.

hello Mr Cole. Can you quote for 2500 grafts to be placed for hairline and crowns. Thanks

Youngheart, you can get 2500 grafts for as low as 6250 Euro in our office in Athens, Greece. Both Dr. Bisanga and I will be in Athens in May, June, and July, and August.

Thanks. 6250 is out of my pocket at the moment.

be very careful, youngheart. Once you break this barrier in price, the quality usually suffers and so does the patient.

I want to make this clear. Neither Dr. Bisanga and I are focusing attention overseas because it is how we make our living. We both have full-time work. We are doing this to protect patients concerned with the price avoid making horrible mistakes that ruin their lives. Who says you need 2500 grafts? That's usually a ploy of low-cost clinics to drive up the price of the surgery. Imagine you need 1000 grafts and they want to charge you 1 euro per graft. How do they make 2.5 times as much? They quote you an extra 1500 grafts you don't need. It's no trouble for them. Their nurses will still do the work and still make their 800 euros month slave labor regardless of how many grafts you have done. Because the nurses are not talented, they make an extra 1000 incisions in your scalp and damage another 1000 grafts that are lost for life.

if you are young, be careful jumping into the crown. it gets bigger with time. sometimes the best solution is to do nothing.

Anyway, feel free to contact me. I do some cases for very little. But if you can't afford this very low price, the best solution might be for you to do nothing. Just because you can find a way to get something done, does not mean you should do it. Once you jump on the hair transplant train, it's much harder to get off that train because hair loss persists for the duration of your life even though the train may slow down from time to time.

I never recommend that any patient seek multiple quotes based on what they think they need, or even what other clinics have told them. Seeking out multiple independent assessments is the only legitimate way to do research (after finding qualified clinics, of course) THEN and only then should price be considered. As Dr. Cole said, how do you know you need 2500 grafts? I guarantee you that with five different consultations, you'll receive three to five difference graft estimates.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Hi Mr Cole. Thanks for your input. I am from Dublin and was looking at Dr Cinik and AEK hair clinic but heard some bad stories. I am quoted €2300 for the both. However, I contacted local clinic in Dublin. Ailesbury clinic and sent them my pictures. Been told that 3500 hair ( not grafts) will be required to cover front and temples. They have quoted €4500 for this with a written guarantee. Crown is advised to be left as it is for now. After 8 months I can revisit them and they will improve the density on crown for €1000 . I heard good reviews and laws in Ireland are very strict when it comes to something like this. Above all its local to me so no flights etc.

What are your thoughts on this. Do I need to ask them any specific questions or if you know anything about their work.

I was willing to spend upto 3k and this is over the budget but again its local and I feel secure.

Thanks