+ Reply to Thread

Default turkish hair transplants

hi guys,
    new here and looking for info from people who have been to turkey for a hair transplant.
    I dont need a huge amount of transplants, i have had consolations here in the uk with surgeries and they think i need approx 1500 hairs moved.
    I would probably go for 2000 for added thickness across my hairline.
    here in UK prices start at about 5k for this, some turkish places are offering it at under 2k but there is so much choice i am a bit lost.
    id like to hear people's experiences of turkey, good and bad, what to expect and how much to pay. thank you for your time

thanks for all the info, you have been a great help!!

Your questions have been asked many many times on here and other forums. Not to be rude but do some research then ask better or more specific questions.

I will give you an overview based on what I know...

1) There are about 5 doctors in Turkey that you will see the majority of people in the US go to: Erdogan, Cinik, Maral, Civas, and probably another one or two I am leaving off. I would make sure you pick one of these if you are going to Turkey. I personally chose Erdogan but they all have pros and cons.

2) They all only do FUE.

3) You will find many positive but still many negative reviews on all of these doctors.

4) The majority if not all of them use technicians to do the vast majority of the surgury. The doctor usually is only doing the incisions which is only maybe 15% of the surgery time.

5) Cost ranges from about 1.5-2.5 euro per graft depending on the doctor.

Don't think you are just going to hop on a plane to Turkey, have a quick surgery, flight right home and have a head full of hair in a couple months. It takes about 12-14 months to see full results and even then it is mostly just an illusion as you are never going to be able to replaced a bald areas with the amount of hair that was there previously.

Do lots of research, have realistic expectations, and don't rush into anything.

thanks for the reply.
    Ive done a fair amount of research and im close to biting the bullet and going for it.
    As i stated in my original post this is very minor compared to most people, im not bald, not even close, i just have a small area at the very front in the middle of my hairline that needs filling up. i dont want the hairline of a 12 year old asian, i just dont want this unsightly gap in my otherwise nice hair so my expectations are realistic and well tempered by relevant knowledge.
    nothing beats unbiased reviews from real people without affiliation to surgeries, thats what i am looking for.
    i will research those doctors, thank you

How old are you? If you are in your mid 20's I would wait, especially if you are not on finisteride and/OR have family history of baldness. It's easy to want that quick fix when you are young but you can be setting yourself up very badly for when you get in your late 30's + if you continue losing your hairline.

If you truly are a good candidate for a small transplant (1,000-1250 grafts), I would highly suggest (simply my opinion- I'm no expert) NOT going to Turkey. Most the doctors/clinics in Turkey are used to do larger surgeries of 2700-5500 grafts (anything over 3000 is usually split into two days). I would suggest finding a more local doctor that is going to be more involved in the entire operation and has experience doing smaller surgeries. You will pay more for sure, but since you potentially are going for a low number of grafts it shouldn't be too bad.

Many people go to Turkey for larger surgeries because it is a substantial price difference. Erdogan is on the high end for Turkey and I paid 6,250 euro for 2500 FUE grafts (he ended up doing 2700 and not charging me for the 200 extra). The 2500 FUE in the US would have been about 15,500 euro. I had about 1000 euro in flight and other expenses but still a big savings. Was it worth the savings? Only time will tell as I just recently had it.

im 41 in a few months so not a kid. looking at the other male members of my family (not the most scientific ill grant you) i don't think i'll lose much more and what i do lose is coming out very slowly, in fact my hair looks thicker than it did a few years ago: work that out!!?. Its a matter of price really, here in UK it will cost me 6000 euros approx for what i want done and in turkey i hope to get it for no more than 2.5, that's a big difference, certainly when it includes all flights and transfers etc
    i've taken no drugs for hair loss, nor will I. I dont really see the point of paying 40 euros a month for drugs when i can spend that on surgery. e.g. if i need a top up in a few years those 500 euros a year will pay for it. I also am a very fit guy who doesn't like to put random substances in his body, certainly not over a prolonged period of time. Also it seem to be that drugs are a treatment, not a cure so in my case it doesnt seem worthwhile.
    im beginning to speak to clinics now... i am asking them about microscope use, are they certified by Turkey ministry of health and how involved the doctor is. all info gained from this website!! Im not too concerned about techs working on me as i cant imagine the procedure is actually that tricky, its very repetitive and as long as they concentrate it should be fine.
    i still have plenty more research to do but this place is helping a great deal.
    if it goes wrong and looks awful i shave my head, like in most things in life there is always risk. Ive even been to a dermatologist (250 euros for 15 minutes the sod!!!) to check my skin is suitable for such stress as i do suffer from eczema on my scalp a little. he assured me its not a problem. I am trying to leave nothing to chance