Post finasteride syndrome after 2 years? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Post finasteride syndrome after 2 years?

Hello Everyone,

I am 29 year old who has been using Finasteride for last 2 years ( 1 mg pill) . I have retained my hair well and did not have any side effects. Recently however I have had no morning erections when I get up and I need to physically stimulate in order to get an erection. I do not know but I feel its not hard as compared to earlier. I am afraid that it is post finasteride syndrome. I did not have any sides for the last two years except some nausea initially which disappeared. A little bit of background- I am healthy,eat healthy, I work out with no other health issues and I do not take any other medications except iron and vit supplements- over the counter found at walgreens. I do not know what to do? Recently my sleep patterns have been erratic due to some stress. Nothing significant. Any suggestions guys? How long should I stay off it to see if anything changes?

Do you guys still get a hard morning erection when you wake up? I don't

Thanks in advance. Please help

How long have you been off the drug. I took it for two week but had to quit it due to side effects. Its been almost 2 months and still i have low sex drive. But i don't have issues getting an erection and my libido is also fine, i don't have any mental issues either. My main problem is low sex drive and i also get this strange tingling sensation on my penis and urethral pain. I am planning to hit the Gym,Hope that helps. My morning erections are improving slowly. I get them at times.

To experience this specific "side effect" after 2 years of taking it with no issues seems very strange and in my opinion ( I'm NOT a Dr ) that something else might be causing it as if you were going to get this side effect from taking it you'd experience it much sooner, not 2 years on....
    I took Finasteride 17 years and moved to Dutasteride a couple years back and i personally have no such side effect but that's me and we are all different.

Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi Spex,
    I remember not having my morning erection just after the first pill,but then i though it might be nocebo effect so i continued to take it for 2 weeks and now its been 2 months and i still have the side effects. The one thing that proved that these side effects are due to finasteride is when i had a tingling sensation on my penis and also urethral pain. I have never had these symptoms before. I never plan on taking it again. I hope my sides would go away.

I respect that. Rare but can certainly happen.

Tell me this out of interest on a scale of 1-10 how worried pre taking the medication were you.

1. being not at all and oblivious of potential sides
    10. Super worried and anxious

Interested as i spoke to a guy who called me up stressing out he had major side effects and couldn't get an erection etc. I asked him how long had he been taken the treatment and he said.... I haven't yet, just touched the box.....

Im not in anyway wanting to undermine your experience with fin as sides do happen in certain patients but where were you at on the scale out of interest pre med ?

Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Amir Yazdan, MD's Avatar

It is unlikely that erectile disfunction can begin to occur almost two years into your prescription. Moreover, reports of erectile disfunction among men under 40 years old have been on the rise. Your experience of ED may not necessarily stem from your Finasteride usage. Heart complications, Diabetes, high cholesterol, STIs, low testosterone, and other health issues may be at the root. Make sure to rule out those other possibilities first.
    Amir Yazdan, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile