+ Reply to Thread

Default Help please! Balding at 21!

Hi everyone. I am a 21 year old male. Recently I have noticed a lot of balding in my crown area and back of my head. My dad was bald as well as my moms dad but my moms brother is not bald at all. I don’t know if I should see a hair doctor first or if you recommend I start on something small for the rest of my life because I have the male pattern baldness trait! Please help! Also my doctor gave me nizoral shampoo but the recommendation is only once weekly for 4 weeks is this accurate?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA80D719-4F2D-4F07-A381-437C6D5544DB.jpg

Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	61518Click image for larger version

Name:	BD9397C6-C29E-465C-99AE-10D6E3F23642.jpg

Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	61519Click image for larger version

Name:	68E2A2C9-EA19-429B-A8CF-66454F5E98C8.jpg

Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	61520

I would suggest going in for a consultation and have your crown evaluated. Keep in mind... if any physician even comes close to recommending surgery, run!! you are very young and I would consider any physician who would recommend surgery for you to be highly unethical. I am 27 years old with AGA. I am a Consultant for a well known Transplant Surgeon and even I am trying to prevent or prolong having surgery. A lot of people have had a great response to the medical regiment and I am one of them. Do not jump head first into water before checking if its the deep or shallow end. I say this because I know there are people who name drop surgery regardless of someone's age or situation. Spencer Kobren is the founder of the American Hair Loss Association and his head has never been touched by a surgeon for a procedure. He speaks about it all the time on his show. The only advice I can give is to do your research and steer clear of anyone who tries to push you in the direction of surgery at 21 years old. Keep us posted on your journey and I wish you all the best!

Thanks for the reply and advice I’ll definitely steer clear of surgery for the time being. Do you recommend or know anyone in the Los Angeles area that’s reputable and good to see?

A former colleague of mine worked for Dr. Behnam in Los Angeles for several years and he said he very ethical. I have heard nothing but good things about him.