+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride 1mg and still losing hair! help

I was on minoxidle for 8 monthes then I stopped gradually until I went on finasteride 1mg
    I've been on finasteride 1mg for 1 month and 1 week, My hair got alot worst than before I started
    Why finasteride isn't working for me? I don't have hair shedding only hair thinning really bad at my temples
    Im 18 years old and nw2 and finasteride Isn't working for me what should I do? Im suppose to be young so I should be good responder and my hairloss was only happening recently in the last 2 years
    I'm really depressed and thinking about suicide all time being 18 years old and nw2 and seeing all the other guys my age nw0 and nw1

Took me 2 years to notice my hair rethickened on Fina. At first it slows hair loss, then stops it, then you experience growth. This takes 1-2 years for most.

And that was at a lower 1/4 dose daily. My thinning wasn't as aggressive, though.. Didn't notice till I was 24 and it's diffuse pattern.

Don't know why you stopped taking minoxidil. Dermatologists recommend it as a powerful 1-2 punch. Just use minox at nighr before bed. I use lore than the recommended 1 dropper per dose. I use two full droppers per application.

My current regiment is minoxidil 1 daily and. .05mg daily Fina. I only got to this doseage after 3ish years of progressively reducing from 1/2mg down to 05mg daily.

Be patient. 1mg Fina is nuclear for hair loss. Guaranteed full inhibition of dht. Just add in minox, you might shed but you're already paranoid about your hair but the only thing you can do is wait because it takes time. Give it 6 months atleast.

Btw stop comparing yourself to other people. You're not other people, that's why you're a member of the NW2 crew. There's other dudes your age with nw2. You'll either end up bald or not. Fina + minox will stop that but you have to wait 1 - 2 years for it to happen.

You'll end up depressed all the time if you continue to do the things that make you depressed. Comparing yourself to other people, not exercising, bad diet, social media (comparing), worrying. Just let the bad thoughts go, if they come back let them go again. Rinse repeat for the rest of your life.

Some people are bald or not. Some have legs or no legs. Some have two arms or one arm. Some have half a paralyzed face or not and yet still become a wildly successful (sylvester stallone).

If you continue taking fina and minox your chances of being bald are like 1%, probably less.