3100 Grafts with Dr. Cinik In Istanbul, Turkey - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up 3100 Grafts with Dr. Cinik In Istanbul, Turkey

Hi all, I just wanted to share a little bit about my recent surgery with Dr. Cinik in Istanbul. I'm one week post-surgery (surgery was Monday February 18th at 7 AM, so around 11 PM February 17th my time - CST) and everything is going pretty well. More than anything, I wanted to be a source of information for anyone who's thinking about going to Istanbul and more specifically, anyone who's thinking about going to Dr. Cinik. He seemed to be one of the more popular ones over there, which is why I chose him. I was only there for 2.5 days and it went buy so fast. I pretty much slept the entire procedure since it was my bed time and partially (I'm sure) because of the Xanax they gave me. In any case, I woke up after 7 hours and was all done. The only part that bothered me was the local anesthetic. I've never been bitten by a bullet ant, but I'm almost positive that this is what it's like. 20 times. In the back of the head. Yeah. It sucked. Shouldn't have been so cheap and just gone with the less painless option for a few hundred more, but some people tolerate pain more than others. I don't mind shots and needles, but if I had to do it again, I'd opt for the painless injections. The staff was attentive and asked me several times if I was ok and we took a few breaks for them to offer me something to eat and a drink (sandwich and a juicebox) but I'd filled up at the breakfast buffet prior to leaving the hotel. Everyone was really nice, but I could see how some people would say they felt "rushed". They see alot of patients there, so they have to keep things moving. I actually arrived at the airport with another guy who was from Chicago and there were about (guessing) 5 or 6 other guys there for the same thing. After it was all said and done, they sent me back to the hotel, all bandaged up. Can't sleep like normal and can't really do much of anything, so it was just killing time until the next day check up and flight home. I had few flight options to get back to Houston since Turkish Airlines doesn't fly there on Sundays and Wednesday....incidentally the days I really wanted to fly....but that what're you gonna do? Anyways, had my check up the next day around 11, where they checked my head and took off the bandages. Since I was leaving so soon, it wasn't time for my first wash. If I'd stayed (3 nights is covered in their package) I would have had my wash the next day. They put the Lebron James headband on me and walked me through the steps for the meds I'd be taking (6 of them) and the wash procedure for when I got home. So far, I'm liking what I see so far, but we won't know how good/bad it will be until 5-6 months when I start to see actual new growth. He did do my hairline a little higher than I wanted, but we talked about it and it wouldn't be as natural since my hairline hadn't been where I wanted it in about....15 years. I realize I'm not 20 anymore and I was ok with the hairline he drew and transplanted. Right now, I'm actually considering buzz cutting it when it does grow in. I like the low maintenance aspect of it. The pain kicked in about 4-5 days later in the donor area and my transplant area is still pretty numb, both of which are normal. I have a few days left of meds and pain killers, and I've got a few days before I can wash my hair like normal and wear a hat. Kind of dreading the shedding phase, but we'll see. Also, if the pictures turn up sideways, I have no idea what's up with that. They look normal on my PC but flip when I upload them here.

All that being said, I welcome any questions about any/all of the process. Even the airport. I could talk for days about the airport....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190218_073430.jpg

Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	61396   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190218_144923.jpg

Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	61397   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190221_074253(1).jpg

Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	61398  

Thanks for sharing. You will have some numbness for a while. How many days did you stay in Istanbul ?

The numbness isn't too bad, I've got some feeling back in the transplant area already, but definitely not back to "normal". I arrived in Istanbul on a Sunday night (local time), had the procedure the next morning, and then flew out Tuesday afternoon.

Any update?

Hello!
    Did dr Cinik himself do the operation? Describe the team that was in the room.
    Also, do you know how many operations the clinic does every day? I've heard rumors about way too many patients going in.