+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Default 6.5 months out from plug repair Dr. Lindsey

Ok guys, here's a 63 year old professional who essentially got scammed for 15 years by unscrupulous hair doctors. The only thing that actually worked for him was his first set of plugs back in the late 80s from a guy who did great plug work...wait...did I really say that????, and who quit before minigrafts and later strip took over. Unfortunately our patient then went to several different doctors along the east coast for a second set of plugs..supposedly cut into minis and micros...then he had 2 or maybe even 3 strip cases. Looks like all he got from that was a smaller bank account and a bunch of scar tissue on the back of his head.

Anyhow, he shopped with us for 5 years before we did a 1600 or so strip case, excising a bunch of his plug scars, last summer. He rolled in a week a go and surprisingly...yes surprisingly at 6.5 months, already is growing. I think we'll get final pics next Christmas but watch this and you get the idea of his, and so many other guys' plight...and what can be done.

The video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfyIs...ature=youtu.be

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lindsey View Post
    Ok guys, here's a 63 year old professional who essentially got scammed for 15 years by unscrupulous hair doctors. The only thing that actually worked for him was his first set of plugs back in the late 80s from a guy who did great plug work...wait...did I really say that????, and who quit before minigrafts and later strip took over. Unfortunately our patient then went to several different doctors along the east coast for a second set of plugs..supposedly cut into minis and micros...then he had 2 or maybe even 3 strip cases. Looks like all he got from that was a smaller bank account and a bunch of scar tissue on the back of his head.

Anyhow, he shopped with us for 5 years before we did a 1600 or so strip case, excising a bunch of his plug scars, last summer. He rolled in a week a go and surprisingly...yes surprisingly at 6.5 months, already is growing. I think we'll get final pics next Christmas but watch this and you get the idea of his, and so many other guys' plight...and what can be done.

The video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfyIs...ature=youtu.be

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Hello Dr. Lindsay. Very interesting stuff. I agree with you in many ways. When updates?