+ Reply to Thread

Default Transplant Did Not Work Very Well

Hello everyone, although I had 4 transplants 8 years ago, I just joined the forum. I have always had paper thin hair, however, I started going bald in my early 30's I am now 60. I wore a hairpiece for 10 years that was not very natural looking although I thought it was, my wife, kids etc told me it looked like a Duck on Water. Now looking back at the pictures, they were right. I decided to have a hair transplant and so I visited many Doctors and chose Doctor (Dr.P.) dont want to mention his name. He promised that I would get my hair back and cover the scalp. Well after 4 transplants, over 2000 microplugs and almost $10,000. I still did not have anwhere near the coverage I expected. Don't get me wrong with Dermatch it looks better, but you can still see my scalp. Anyway, I was so disappointed and felt I was betrayed by the Dr. That he returned half of my money. I just think that it stinks when Drs. don't tell you the truth about results. That is my story and I am still very unhappy with the final result. unfortunately all of my donor hair from the back of my head is gone and there is nothing left to transplant. I don't like dermatch because it stains everything and doesen't really cover that well. I have tried the sprikle on hair and don't like that either. Any suggestions as to what might cover my scalp in the back and look natural? That's my story.

Without seeing any pictures of you HT. If you have an average size bald area then you have probably lost about 50,000 hairs. You have now placed 2000 micrografts which is probably around 10,000 where 50,000 used to be. This represents about 20% of your original density and probably the best you could hope for.

The only alternative would be to try body and beard hair from an experienced fue doctor.

I have used Prothik for several years and it works quite well. But like all the rest it gets to be a pain and is messy.

Thanks for your response. My issue is that my Dr. promised me that I would have complete coverage and he misrepresented what he was doing. I have never heard of FUE, what is it and are there any Drs. in the New Jersey area? In addition, I have not tried prothik. What is it. I was thinking of trying Hair cubed.

There are a lot of false promises made in hair transplantation, that’s why sites like this exist. If you do the math, like topcat pointed out there is no way to have full coverage with the amount of hair that you had transplanted.
    I just commented on a post about hair transplant marketing http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3054
    You should take a listen to the radio clip, its about what happened to you.

prothik.com is similar to hair cubed but I believe the price is much more reasonable.

Check out some of the other forums to learn more about fue and don't limit yourself to NJ. I actually had to travel from Chicago to Belgium in order to find the right doctor for me.