X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyrus
    • Jul 2010

Hot hair dryer/blower

Hi Guys,

I had a hair transplant a couple of months ago and today in hurry I used hair dryer/blower to the maximum setting.

I was planning for the day and didn’t realise that I over used the dryer to the point where pain(due to burning of scalp) was unbearable.

I quickly washed my hair with cold water however I realised that my scalp turned pink in colour.

I dont feel any sting or pain on my scalp anymore. However, I would like to know if over heating has destroyed the transplanted hair folliculars?
    Any way to find out? Or I am just being paranoid?

Doctor's advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

At 2 months post op you'll be ok. My advice is - ease off the hairdryer heat
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

At 2 months post-op it would really be a skin issue more than a hair growing issue. You should be more careful when using higher heat setting. Either lower the heat or increase the distance from the scalp. I am sure that the redness will subside and everything will turn out ok.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• cyrus
        • Jul 2010

Thanks

Thanks for replying.

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

At this point post-op, it is extremely unlikely that you hurt the transplanted follicles.
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...