+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Good luck thick, please do let us know as I am considering getting this done myself. Best of luck man..

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Level I agree with you, but I decided to still book my PRP appointment with Dr. Greco for next Friday. He is one of the pioneers of this treatment and his office resides 3 hours from me. I figure it's worth a shot and I have $1k to spare.

If it does nothing, then hey, I'll inform all you guys it's a waste. But as it stands, my hair is getting worse and I'm willing to try a treatment that might yield results. Wish me luck fellas'

Level I agree with you, but I decided to still book my PRP appointment with Dr. Greco for next Friday. He is one of the pioneers of this treatment and his office resides 3 hours from me. I figure it's worth a shot and I have $1k to spare.

If it does nothing, then hey, I'll inform all you guys it's a waste. But as it stands, my hair is getting worse and I'm willing to try a treatment that might yield results. Wish me luck fellas'
    If you have money to spare, more power to you! Good luck, man. I hope you have a better overall experience than I did. Please keep us posted. There aren't enough documented PRP cases in this forum. Again, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    If you have money to spare, more power to you! Good luck, man. I hope you have a better overall experience than I did. Please keep us posted. There aren't enough documented PRP cases in this forum. Again, good luck!
    What was your experience Level. did it work at all?

Quote Originally Posted by mpbsucks View Post
    What was your experience Level. did it work at all?
    Unfortunately, I didn't have any success, mpbsucks. If you go to my profile, you'll see a thread I created that describes (with pics) my PRP experience. In a nutshell: I had PRP done with Dr. Greco. He and his staff were extremely knowledgeable and did everything in their power to make my experience enjoyable, which it was. However, similar to most who have done the procedure, I didn't see any improvement in my hair. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. In fact, I think my hair got worse...but that could just be coincidental.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any success, mpbsucks. If you go to my profile, you'll see a thread I created that describes (with pics) my PRP experience. In a nutshell: I had PRP done with Dr. Greco. He and his staff were extremely knowledgeable and did everything in their power to make my experience enjoyable, which it was. However, similar to most who have done the procedure, I didn't see any improvement in my hair in the least. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. In fact, I think my hair got worse...but that could just be coincidental.
    Level, after viewing your pictures from your previous thread on PRP,
    I must say we have very similar hair/balding pattern. I also live in South Florida and see myself identical to you hair wise when I get to 29 (27 now). After reviewing your thread I honestly believe I will be wasting $1,000 Friday, but I already committed and placed a $200 deposit, so I guess I'm going to stick with it.

It's deflating because we have a similar hairloss pattern and this treatment did not work for you by Dr. Greco. In fact, I didn't even see an improvement in your hair in the least as you mentioned. So frustrating...by the time histogen comes out I'll be severely bald. I'm honestly thinking about reviewing my options regarding FUE with Shapiro, Rahal, etc. Sucks bro. Worst part is spending thousands of dollars on treatments only to see your hair continue to tank. It really is heart-breaking. My hair is all I think about every day, all the time...life is what they say, unfair. Humans are meant to have hair on their heads, it's mind boggling to me how in life some guys can have a hairline down to their brows and others not a follicle on top of their head. It just doesn't make sense to me.

You never know man, it might work for you. PRP has mixed results, like a lot of hair loss treatments...you could get awesome results, who knows. Also keep in mind that level wasn't treated with Acell, which I'm guessing you will be. I believe this increases results. I also watched a video of Dr. Hitzig doing this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1mhkXxqPe4 and he stated that there is a new way of injection that increases results, which differs from what was given when level had it done. This new process also helps.

ugh, Cooley wants $2500 for this. Let us know how this goes Staythick...I would definitely do it for 1k, not sure I want to drop 2500 though. Not to mention it probably would need to be repeated every 2 years or so...

Level, after viewing your pictures from your previous thread on PRP,
    I must say we have very similar hair/balding pattern. I also live in South Florida and see myself identical to you hair wise when I get to 29 (27 now). After reviewing your thread I honestly believe I will be wasting $1,000 Friday, but I already committed and placed a $200 deposit, so I guess I'm going to stick with it.

It's deflating because we have a similar hairloss pattern and this treatment did not work for you by Dr. Greco. In fact, I didn't even see an improvement in your hair in the least as you mentioned. So frustrating...by the time histogen comes out I'll be severely bald. I'm honestly thinking about reviewing my options regarding FUE with Shapiro, Rahal, etc. Sucks bro. Worst part is spending thousands of dollars on treatments only to see your hair continue to tank. It really is heart-breaking. My hair is all I think about every day, all the time...life is what they say, unfair. Humans are meant to have hair on their heads, it's mind boggling to me how in life some guys can have a hairline down to their brows and others not a follicle on top of their head. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    StayThick,

You never know...Maybe you'll have a better response to the treatment than I did. Please keep us posted!

Yeah, as you can tell from my PRP thread, my hair did not improve one bit.For me, it was a waste of money. But similar to you, I had extra cash available, so the expense did not compromise my lifestyle or hinder my ability to pay bills. It was a shot in the dark that landed zero results.

I gotta agree, man...it is deflating. I try to have a positive attitude about MPB, but every now and then I get in a funk. I'm about to enter law school and I'm worried that my hairloss will affect my career, since we live in a somewhat superficial world where perception is reality. Like you, I've given FUE and FUT serious consideration, but I keep waiting to see if something viable hits the market. I'd hate to undergo a costly procedure that doesn't produce great results, to then suddenly hear about some less detectable product that produces excellent results.

Good luck, man! Please keep us posted.

StayThick,

You never know...Maybe you'll have a better response to the treatment than I did. Please keep us posted!

Yeah, as you can tell from my PRP thread, my hair did not improve one bit.For me, it was a waste of money. But similar to you, I had extra cash available, so the expense did not compromise my lifestyle or hinder my ability to pay bills. It was a shot in the dark that landed zero results.

I gotta agree, man...it is deflating. I try to have a positive attitude about MPB, but every now and then I get in a funk. I'm about to enter law school and I'm worried that my hairloss will affect my career, since we live in a somewhat superficial world where perception is reality. Like you, I've given FUE and FUT serious consideration, but I keep waiting to see if something viable hits the market. I'd hate to undergo a costly procedure that doesn't produce great results, to then suddenly hear about some less detectable product that produces excellent results.

Good luck, man! Please keep us posted.
    Level, the top of my scalp is still sore from the injections, was this something you experienced as well? I honestly don't think this will have much of an effect, but IMO it was worth a shot. I am trying to do anything that might yield some results. However, I did notice one thing with Dr. Greco while we awaited my blood to be processed. He spent time showing me the great effects of PRP on every application besides hair. He showed me one application in which it helped an Alopecia Areta individual, but nothing really in the terms of success on MPB of his patients. This automatically signaled to me that the results are not promising and this was still more of an experimental treatment. At that point, I was already committed so I decided to move forward.

Level, did you address any concerns with PRP and cancer? I did and Dr. Greco seemed to shoot that down pretty quick. I was slightly concerned about this prior, but I couldn't fathom this being a risk considering its your own blood being injected, just a higher concentration of platelets. Please let me know your thoughts on that. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress moving forward.

Level, the top of my scalp is still sore from the injections, was this something you experienced as well? I honestly don't think this will have much of an effect, but IMO it was worth a shot. I am trying to do anything that might yield some results. However, I did notice one thing with Dr. Greco while we awaited my blood to be processed. He spent time showing me the great effects of PRP on every application besides hair. He showed me one application in which it helped an Alopecia Areta individual, but nothing really in the terms of success on MPB of his patients. This automatically signaled to me that the results are not promising and this was still more of an experimental treatment. At that point, I was already committed so I decided to move forward.

Level, did you address any concerns with PRP and cancer? I did and Dr. Greco seemed to shoot that down pretty quick. I was slightly concerned about this prior, but I couldn't fathom this being a risk considering its your own blood being injected, just a higher concentration of platelets. Please let me know your thoughts on that. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress moving forward.
    StayThick,

Yeah, the top of my head remained sore for a couple of days. That's normal; the soreness will go away.

With me, Greco also spent a considerable amount of time talking about the effects of PRP on joints and ligaments, but barely discussed its use for MPB.

Regarding cancer, I didn't ask Greco directly, but I did a good amount of research prior to having the procedure and found that PRP does not cause cancer. PRP has been administered for over 10 years now (joints, ligaments, hair, etc.) and there hasn't been any medical reports that link cancer to PRP. Hope this helps...