+ Reply to Thread

Default Multi-hair grafts in hairline from top surgeon - reasonable compensation?

Hi All -

Quick version went to a top rated IAHRS surgeon considered to be in the best of breed, did FUT, they use microscopes, talk all the time on their website (correctly) about using only single hair grafts in hairline. Basically they know what properly performed HT should be.

Whatever happened during my surgery, graft classification mix up, careless techs etc. I've ended up with a number of three hair grafts and two hairs grafts right in the front of the hairline where only singles should be. Its quite clearly a failure of quality control that day. Not happy. Conversely with the wrong grafts placed in the hairline it can only lead me to conclude that 1s,2s,3s were misallocated in other areas meaning that ascetics of the HT are all wrong.

I'm returning for 6 month checkin in soon where I will address the issue.

What would you consider to be the correct remedial action. My gut after this is that I don't want them touching me again and would prefer a refund and to go elsewhere for repair.

Given the experience on here what would folks consider to be the reasonable refund for this 'poor service' 100%, 50%. My guess is that at another clinic they will need to very slightly lower the hairline to mask the offending grafts.

Bump anyone - my approach is that quite clearly there were mistakes made during the procedure in terms of graft allocation / segmentation and it has resulted in a less than optimal result. Something this clinic I think would admit shouldn't have happened given their own messaging on what constitutes a 'modern' HT

Therefore I'm considering looking for some compensation 25% / 50% etc? Any thoughts on what would be considered potentially normal compensation?