+ Reply to Thread

Default Quite a unique situation...maybe DUPA?

Hi guys, My first post i thought someone might be able to help me out. Im 19 and I noticed a really small spot about a year ago on the top of my head, about an inch behind my hairline where i could see a lighter area in really bright fluorescent light, not even really scalp just a lighter spot (i have/had really thick, egyptian hair that is sort of spongy) and no real recession. I got on fina straight away, didn't think there was much point waiting. I never really experienced severe sides, bit of ball and back ache for a few days.

The first 7 months I experienced more diffuse thinning in a few areas and some minor recession. I kept with it assuming this was just "shed" hair that would come back. since then, the last 4 months I have experienced rapid thinning and minaturisation everywhere and gone from NW1.5 to NW2. There is just sort of "one layer" of hair covering my scalp now but it is just about covered, probably because its so thick to begin with.
    I should add I also use nizoral three times a week but not minoxidil
    My questions are:
    I have done a lot of research and know fina does not accelerate balding in MPB, but could this be DUPA and could fina increase rate of hairloss in this case? I will say that I don't really have much thinning on the sides but a tiny bit.

Do you think I should quit fina? what's the likelihood that that makes it even worse?

should i bother trying minoxidil at this point? I don't want to throw money down the trash if it just seems to aggressive to fight, like i'm not super scared of shaving it all, but given the choice i would try to keep it.

Is there any chance that finasteride is just taking ****ing forever to work, and maybe 18 months in i might have some results?

Thanks!!