+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Introducing a new option for patients

It is with great pleasure that I am introducing the formation of the Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant clinic. The first location will open in Athens, Greece March 27, 2019. Drs. Bisanga, Zontos, and Cole have been working on a physician training program at the University of Patras, Greece in conjunction with FUE Europe for over six months. Many patients are focused on price. This leads patients to clinics offering very low prices in countries that are often not as safe and with fewer government regulations to protect patients. For this reason, Dr. Bisanga and I decided to form a clinic with the express intent to offer price-conscious patients an alternative solution at "low" prices. We will personally supervise the surgeries to make sure patients get the best possible outcomes.

This is huge!!! Top quality doctors with with great reputations offering HT at affordable prices. I've been in the process of choosing a doctor/clinic overseas simply because I refuse to pay 18k here in the US and I look forward to getting the details on this new clinic.

Why was Greece chosen as the location?

There are two groups of patients. One group can afford higher prices. The other group seeks a reduced cost. The key to cost is the labor market and the cost of living. Low-cost clinics are flourishing in countries such as Turkey and India. The problem with these clinics is the difficulty in locating a clinic in which you can be comfortable with the results. As hair transplant surgeons, we often get consultations from patients who have been to low-cost clinics. Too often the hairlines are not built properly. The donor area is depleted. Even body hair sources such as beard hair are depleted with horrible, disfiguring results. A number of physicians including Dr. Bisanga and I are concerned about the risks involved for patients seeking better pricing, but a limited ability to locate safe clinics. Dr. Bisanga and I decided to do something about this problem, by opening a facility in conjunction with two local dermatologists to provide high-quality results. We also recognize the need to protect patients from overly low, aggressive hairlines that will leave patients disfigured later in life. Dr. Bisanga and I know that we can train teams to help provide ethical, cosmetically acceptable results so we have initiated this process. In time, we plan to open a second location in Milan, Italy. The overall objective is to provide patients seeking more affordable solutions, a wonderful experience and dependable result from the supervision and direction of surgeons with over 20 years of experience and thousands of fantastic results.

The wheels of motion for Greece began in June 2019 when we began discussions with the University of Patras Department of Dermatology to offer a university-based training academy for hair transplant surgery. It became evident that a private clinic in conjunction with the University program was a valuable addition. Thus, Dr. Bisanga and I began discussions with two local dermatologists to provide a private clinic and we began the formal introduction of FUE to these experienced hair transplant surgeons. We now are ready to open the doors March 27 to April 2 to the first group of patients. Going forward, we will eventually be able to offer procedures six days a week.

How would I go about applying to be a part of these first group of patients?

You can contact me directly at john@forhair.com or through our website email at consults@bchairtransplant.com. I will need to evaluate your photos first. Our collective website is http://bchairtransplant.com

We will need to evaluate any presumptive patients prior to surgery anyway. We need to know certain things such as current age, the age of hair loss onset, current situation, family history, medications, medical problems, and evaluate photos of you pre-operatively. We are serious about offering patients an alternative solution regardless of the additional effort required on our part.

It looks like the first round of surgery starting March 27 will come in at 2.5 euro per graft. I'm sure happy to be involved in this opportunity. What is that? $2.82 per graft.

This is a 29-year-old Norwood 3V from Sicily, Italy. He had 1922 grafts to the front and 360 grafts in his crown. We used a 0.9 mm punch to harvest his grafts. I recently met him in Washington, DC to discuss his results with him. His procedure was 15 months ago. We also discussed how getting his hair back has changed his life in a very positive way.