+ Reply to Thread

Question choice between 3 doctors???

ive been researching for about a year now. Im 33 yrs old, with pretty good hair, for the most part. Naturally, I have a widow's peak that is gradually but surely receding. This is making me very self conscious of my apperance. I have decided between 3 doctors. My following three picks are as follows, Dr. Robert True, Dr. Alan Feller, and Dr. Epstein. Personally I like the work from all 3 Drs. I think i need about 900to1100 grafs. I would really appreciate some feedback, in making the right decision. Thank You! Stylus187

That is a tough choice because they are all skilled surgeons who can give you a high-quality and natural looking hair transplant. I would advise you to schedule in-person or, if that is not possible, virtual consultations with each of them. This way, they will be able to evaluate your hair loss, hair characteristics and expectations and give you a recommendation for the number of grafts you will need, as well as a long-term plan. There may be one physician who you simply "click" with the most, or whose approach is most in line with your desired results. It may ultimately come down to choosing the physician who can fit you in their schedule at a convenient time, or who can offer you the best price. I wouldn't normally advise you to base a physician decision on these factors but all three of your picks are IAHRS members and I don't believe you can really go wrong in picking any one of them.

One additional thought: make sure you choose a surgeon who has a lot of experience in the technique that you are opting for (and not just hair transplant surgery in general). For example, if you opt to have a FUE procedure, find out what percentage of procedures performed by that particular doctor are FUE, and/or how many FUE procedures are done each week/month/year.

If I was basing my decision on the pictures and videos it would be hands down between Dr True and Dr. Feller, but Dr. Epstein is on the IAHRS so he has to be good too. Sometimes these doctors just don’t take very good pictures. You should talk to all of them and meet a couple of people who had hair transplant by them also.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    ive been researching for about a year now. Im 33 yrs old, with pretty good hair, for the most part. Naturally, I have a widow's peak that is gradually but surely receding. This is making me very self conscious of my apperance. I have decided between 3 doctors. My following three picks are as follows, Dr. Robert True, Dr. Alan Feller, and Dr. Epstein. Personally I like the work from all 3 Drs. I think i need about 900to1100 grafs. I would really appreciate some feedback, in making the right decision. Thank You! Stylus187
    Anyone,with experience with these Drs.

I had my hairline repaired by Dr Feller and very happy with the results and now showcase the results, however all three docs you mention are all very good so it's down to who you feel more comfortable with

All the very best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.