+ Reply to Thread

Default I am a 19 years old eunuch, I would like to share my story for science

Hello, I have noticed thining at the crown at the age of 17, and then I had a bilateral orchidectomy (castration) done at 19,now iam 6 months post surgery and iam afraid to take testosterone because I heard that androgens are the cause of androgenic alopecia so iam might need estradiol(estrogen) to stay healthy and keep my hair, I have noticed some regrowth from the castration. All men in my family are bald my 25 so iam afraid,anxiety is taking over my situation, help.

What was the indication for the bilateral orchidectomy? You seem a little young to have prostate cancer. Was it testicular cancer?

Anyways, you need to think past baldness, and understand that testosterone has many effects that make you a man. Ie. confidence, energy levels, etc. It's really a balancing act; how important is baldness vs. the positive effects of testosterone. I definitely would not suggest taking estrogen- this will not make you healthy or help you keep your hair. It can cause gynecomastia and other things. Unless you are planning on undergoing sex change I don't see why you would need estrogen therapy.

Hope this helps a bit, best I can do with the info you gave me. I am a physician by the way.

The reason for surgery was because the testicles were dead and infected from self-harm (Injection of toxic substance), I was desperate and suicidal over my hairloss, and this approach was the only one that crossed my mind that time, my endocrinologist told me that I have to be on some sort of hormonal replacement, I may choice estrogen to keep my bones healthy in the long-term plus the hair, I dnt know how I ended up here, iam not transgender but a hair addict