+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Minoxidil Max 15% and Anxiety \ Panic attacks \ Heart BPM and other

Hello everyone,

So I just registered due to a need to share what I've been going through in the past few weeks and hear your thoughts.

I'm 28 yo, been using Minoxidil Max 15% once a day for the past few years (with PG), and in general it kept my hair the same way and I only had slight hair loss, but this is really not the issue now. I also been taking Ritalin (small dosage, usually 20mg) in the past 12 years (I mention it since it also causes heart rate and blood pressure changes), in general I was usually healthy, not special problems at all, no mental issues or anything of the sort.

About 2 months ago I started to feel a bit strange, had a bit shaky hands and numbness hands, heart rate went a bit up at rest to 90-100, when I was always at around 61-65, and general feeling that something is off.

I contributed the feeling to Ritalin and stopped taking it, had a bit of withdrawal feelings but it passed. so I continued taking it, and after 3-4 weeks started to feel the same again so I stopped it again.

About 3 weeks have passed since I stopped taking Ritalin again, but still felt the strange feelings.

At this point I started to get very worried I might be suffering from something way worse, so went to the doctor. All blood tests was great, ECG was completely normal, went to the neurologist too and everything seems to be ok, I also have an EEG test in a few days (will update after).

After the neurologist I started to think what more am I doing that is irregular, and then I thought of the Minoxidil. I put it for few years now so I'm very used to it, being putting it once a day in the morning only (15% of Minoxidil Max).
    I started googling it an immediately saw threads in this forum, this is the one mostly caught my eye -
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-panic-attacks

As they described exactly what I've being feeling.
    It got me a bit relieved, but also very stupid that I have no idea what i've been putting in my body for the past few years, and afraid that maybe the Ritalin kept me from feeling anything off about the Minoxidil, which is kinda likely.

I immediately went home to wash my hair, this was exactly 48 hours ago.
    I already feel a bit better, heart rate went up today only a bit, much less than in the past few weeks (Then it happened for few hours each day), and anxiety decreased significantly, although not gone away completely, and my hands still a bit shaky and little numb.

I write here first so if anyone has any comments or had a similar experience, it will be great for me to hear that and hear how you ended up.

Second, for anyone who will Google for answers, even combined with Ritalin, I hope this will help, since I didn't find any for the combination.

I will update how things are going, hopefully it will all go away.

Thank you for reading,

Stay HEALTHY!

So two weeks ago I bit the bullet and bought Kirkland minox 5%. I shaved all my hair off to deal with the shedding. Around the second day I felt really weird. Anxiety and my chest felt weird and I kept bragging my heart. I couldn't sleep that night because I couldn't get comfortable. I just passed it off as shock from dealing with my new shaved head. The next day it was the same so I started to research the minoxidil and saw people experiencing similar issues. I started to think maybe I got some into my mouth and didn't wash my hands? So I applied it once more before work. Driving to work I think I had my first panic attack. I told my wife I'm going to stop taking it. The effects of it wore off slowing and a week later I feft normal again. I'm now trying Castiel oil with peppermint oil, derma rolling, nizoral, t select pro hair loss pills. I also made a Dr appointment to get finesteide. It sucks cause I spent 30 on liquid minoxidil and 40 on foam.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew6103 View Post
    So two weeks ago I bit the bullet and bought Kirkland minox 5%. I shaved all my hair off to deal with the shedding. Around the second day I felt really weird. Anxiety and my chest felt weird and I kept bragging my heart. I couldn't sleep that night because I couldn't get comfortable. I just passed it off as shock from dealing with my new shaved head. The next day it was the same so I started to research the minoxidil and saw people experiencing similar issues. I started to think maybe I got some into my mouth and didn't wash my hands? So I applied it once more before work. Driving to work I think I had my first panic attack. I told my wife I'm going to stop taking it. The effects of it wore off slowing and a week later I feft normal again. I'm now trying Castiel oil with peppermint oil, derma rolling, nizoral, t select pro hair loss pills. I also made a Dr appointment to get finesteide. It sucks cause I spent 30 on liquid minoxidil and 40 on foam.
    Great to hear.
    I think the 70$ is really not the think to worry about

I believe Minoxidil is useless and I don't like it.