+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default No Longer IAHRS Member

Hi,

I started researching hair transplants a long time ago (and used this site) and am finally getting ready to do it.

I was wondering why a doctor who was once a member of IAHRS would no longer be one.

Would it be because they got a certain number of complaints or could it just be they didn't want to pay for the membership? I'm wondering if it's a warning sign that he's no longer a member.

His work was on these forums years ago, was a member of IAHRS (or it prior version) and I know he is still in practice and has high reviews from Healthgrades and Vitals.

Also, happy to name names, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate.

Inactive

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. The only way to know for sure is to contact the surgeon's office and ask them for an explanation. They may have a very good reason. You could also reach out to IAHRS directly and get information from them. If the surgeon was let go from the organization for negative reasons, I imagine they would have to disclose that. In short, it could mean something - and it could also mean absolutely nothing - and there's only one way to find out.... Ask both parties involved.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Usually when a doctor is no longer a member, it is because they did indeed get too many complaints. Situations like this don't necessarily need to be advertised because if you're going to go off of the IAHRS list then just keep checking back to make sure your chosen doctor(s) is still in good standing. Sometimes it may be because of other reasons that have nothing to do with complaints or quality but that is usually the cause (from what I understand). No doctor will ever tell you they aren't a part of anything because too many patients complained, so keep that in mind.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Usually when a doctor is no longer a member, it is because they did indeed get too many complaints. Situations like this don't necessarily need to be advertised because if you're going to go off of the IAHRS list then just keep checking back to make sure your chosen doctor(s) is still in good standing. Sometimes it may be because of other reasons that have nothing to do with complaints or quality but that is usually the cause (from what I understand). No doctor will ever tell you they aren't a part of anything because too many patients complained, so keep that in mind.
    Hello Mr Joe ,

I'm thinking to do hair transplant in turkey so any suggestions for a good doctor ?! I am really in need for your advice because i'm confused and tired of searching without a result

@JoeTillman Are you willing to discuss over email or PM a specific doctor who is no longer an IAHRS member and who you are no longer affiliated with?