+ Reply to Thread

Default Needs Some high quality advice

Hey guys, this is gonna be a long post but if you would plz take the time to read through it and answer as many questions in depth as you can, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

1) I'm 21 and I've always had a bad hairline and a big forehead. Was honestly hoping that would be the worst of it, and eventually when I had the money I could go and get a transplant and get that nice Juvenile hairline we all wan't. Unfortunately I found out that if you want to keep that new hair from falling out or keep from balding any further you have to use Propecia or some other drug with finasteride. I am not going to do this, I have read too many horrific stories to take that risk. I know this is a minority of people but it looks to be quite a large minority given the amount personal stories vs the Merk statistics. NOT gonna take that plunge, given I'm a virgin and yet to see that glorious warm vulva and have a past of attempted suicide and depression. I want to know are there any alternatives that are just as good if not more successful than Propecia? and come without the robbing of your manhood?

2) Its 2019 and balding is still an issue! Is this God's curse on man. Dooming the majority of us to go bald and tease us with this idea that a cure is just a few more years out. Or maybe there is a cure and its so obvious and hidden from us but there is a dark agenda to make billions off the insecurities of men while the only FDA option could chemically castrate you. I've read posts from 10yrs ago about people talking about up and coming treatments or medicine. What happened to these?? Whats the status on any of these? Plz has anything been happening? Are my options really just a transplant/propecia/rogaine/dht blocker? Where are the advancements?

3) What are some natural methods to preventing further hair loss? I've always been skeptical on preventing hair loss through eating right and making sure your getting all your nutrients. Doesn't it really come down to genetics? To be fair I do live a shitty lifestyle and don't get out much to socialize but if its genetics than stress or habits really doesn't play a huge part. It is however important for me to start making changes here cause I do not have the money to see a dermatologist or a doctor to get options or blood work done. Can I Just get some steps or routines that are natural and cheap that would help with my hairloss?

Here are some pics of my hairline, where on the norwood scale do you think I fall?
    Also the only receding/thinning are on my temples and abobe my side burns

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0186.jpg

Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	61032Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0185.jpg

Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	61033Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0187.jpg

Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	61034Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0211.jpg

Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	61035

First of all it doesn't look bad at all. You may have some slight recession but that is it and i don't see a huge forehead.
    You could try saw palmetto and nizoral shampoo to start if you don't want to go the finasteride route. Yes it is a curse but some hope is on the horizon. I called the company developing histogen and it sound like 2020 or 21 that may be available so watch for that.

You are way too young for a transplant and not even close to needing one. People that do it this young usually regret it because of the need for several more and sometimes they run out of donor hair. You need to wait and see what kind of pattern develops and how fast.
    Don't worry too much about it right now and try out that vulva thing you are talking about..it is pretty good

Hey mrclean thanks for the reply! I know it’s not that bad, I just noticed it start to recede these past few years and wanted to get on top of it. I also went to hair clubs free consolation to get some close ups of the temples. I know they’re a bunch of scammers but I wanted to get a second opinion. It looks like I will continue to recede to a Norwood 3 in the future given the close ups on my temples show little to no STRONG hair growth and major thinning. So I expect it will get worse. It’s funny though cause I’ve been talking to my dad about this maybe a week ago and right when I got done writing this post he called me saying he got me some 1mg tablets of finastride as well as midoxinal and shampoo. He did some research as well and warned me but I think I’m gonna go for it. I’ll just cut it into quarters and slowly build it up in my system at least until this Histogen comes out. Also what do you thinks a good early age for a transplant? I only want to get a temporal point transplant. I know those are harder to do but that’s where the most hair loss has been not on my temples. Also have you used finastride before? If so how long? And what were your side effects if any? Thanks again for the advice

You need to wait until the hair loss has stabilized and a pattern has developed that you feel won't get much worse. I think if histogen or replicel pan out you may avoid it all together but you are many years away. I now take avodart but has no issues on finasteride which i took for many years...it is a very safe drug. The longer you wait the better. Techniques are always improving when it comes to hair transplants but hopefully within a few years they will all be out of business.

That’s really reassuring. I know it’s a small percentage of people that suffer from sides but reading comments and posts it seems like half of everyone that use it have major problems. It’s very unsettling. My thing though is if I’m starting this treatment now, and it works and maintains my hairline..how will I know if it could get worse? Cause ppl who get hair transplants usually end up taking finastride anyway. So do you think I should take it for a while then stop to see how much damage is done without it?

If it stops it then most likely it was going to progressively worse. I would think within 5 years a non surgical treatment will be available with good results but now you just want to slow it down so those treatments work better.