+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default "Acell" test..... to be or not to be!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the past few weeks I've started researching the new ACell treatment that several are considering a medical breakthrough for skin and scar regeneration.
    After contacting the company, Doc Cole, Doc Cooley and several others working on the concept I found the following: The only Doc's actually working hand in hand with the ACell company at this time is Jerry Cooley and Hitzig. Cole is just using it as a test treatment and does not have much in line of actual achievements as of yet...

He only started using it in January 2010....His personal vies is that he's not to hope full in its cloning hair capabilities but is willing to try it on scar tissue regeneration...

Now Hitzig in my opinion is nothing but a butcher AND NOTHING LESS regardless of his input on the subject....I feel he is just using this concept to lure more young guys to his table as I'm sure his reputation has started to lead many people away from his clinic......

I personally feel this way for 2 reasons.....1) Hitzig's Long Island medical organization is the reason for all my scars and T-plant misfortunes due to his so called patented linier punch tools.....most if not all the grafts sunk and pitted in my extremely low at the time hairline...(1996).......2) knowing a little about his practice first hand I know all to well he HAS USED underhanded and misleading information in the past......

He is also in 2010 STILL USING PUNCH GRAFTS in his work!

As for Cooley.....I spoke with him in person a few days ago and said he will be posing his 1.5 year research on the subject in the upcoming October hair transplant seminar being held in Boston he also said they have been seeing some remarkable things with scar treatments......the treatments however for hair cloning is still not applicable yet......but found a unique way to pluck a hair and regenerate a single folicle ....I feel its about 75% or so so 100 plucked hairs should grow about 75 give or take a few.....But there is still no garantee anything will grow at all

ACell's company in itself really is working toward the goal of tissue regeneration of body parts that may indeed include skin scar regeneration.......

I will be patiently waiting for the 1.5 year update coming out in October for its credible or not so creditable treatment results

Feller is not offering the treatment yet,....... He said however He may start using if he see's some positive results and benefits from it............. Other then for scar revision it may be the best technique in my opinion FOR repair work........

Feller does not do much in terms of repair work other then adding more grafts....Not that its the wrong approach but just the easy fix IMO.........I personally want my scalp back first and foremost! .....................Nither is Bernstien

Cooley is also offering his Plucking technique according to what he showed me in his research. So out of 100 plucked/tweezed hairs 75 or so should grow (But there is no guarantee's)

The plucking technique just plucks out a hair and bathes it with Acell then plants the plucked hair into a scar and if results prove to be consistent it will regenerate the follicle

He offered this to me for a trial price that I feel is somewhat high being a trial

HOWEVER.....I feel if i could get a group of people on board with this test I could talk him down to a more reasonable price for all of us....

Its not crazy expensive but enough that if you wanted to really try to build up the density in a scar it would cost to much

The only draw back is that it will as of now only produce a single hair graph It wont generate a follicular unit at least not yet... So if anyone is interested in being in this group or wants to learn more please contact me in person...

Thanks

Also
    I'm a member of 3 different groups and would love to share my experiences and findings with all

However I have not found 1 single person that's interested in this ground breaking research group yet!

I feel if i could get a small group together we may be able to get a better feel for the research and not to mention a better price.

A scar revision may not be the best tactic in my case as the scar is very high though i would love to remove it and use Acell to try and get a tight close. But for now Cooley wants to try the plucking technique

I also have about 20-25 small FUE size pits in my lower hairline along with about 35 or so more throughout my top 1/3 from the Hitzig punch tool back in 97

So i will try several small test removals first to see the actual results from Acell

But with more people I think we could go in as a group for a much more accurate evaluation

Can someone help?

Dr Cooley

I have an idea that can potentially be beneficial for both of us....

At this point in my life I would love to just shave my head down to a zero guard.......(I just want to stop worrying about hair loss)....15 years is to long to stress over it......Im at my wits end with the whole thing

The 3 things that's preventing me from doing this at this time is a medium number of FUE white dots, 2 6-7 inch linier scars (One thin and 1 thick ) and about 50-100 mini/micro grafts and pitted spots from the punch..... all of which need to be addressed.

What I think would be a good call would be to do a small test as stated above but instead of doing the pits in my hairline I'd rather try it on several FUE white dots first instead......say about 15-20 or more.....if the Acell works on the FUE white dots then it should also work on the pitted grafts as well......At least this way if it doesn't come out as planed then it will just look the same......A small white dot!

If it works on the 15-20 then we can do the rest of the FUE dots along with the pits....

My main goal is to get my skin back to as much as normal as i can.....

As far as the linier scars I would also be interested in doing a revision with Acell to get a more natural/non white look........... then FUE scalp or body hair and/or plucked into the gap along with maybe some fraxel to improve it even more.......bring it down to an almost invisible line in color, thickness and texture.

The little bald spots from the pit removal process can also be covered with a few FUE or plucking to leave no hair gaps as this will allow me to shave it down with limited detectibility

If this works then my main goal will have been met.......If and when multiplication is an option in the future then that will be another story for future transplant work......but for now this is how you can help me....even if it takes up to 2 years to complete...........

If you agree to help me I will also agree to be one of your main test patients for your repair research and work

I will also give my review of your technique online (with your permission of course) after its all done......

There is an incredibly large market in transplant repair and most are hanging on your upcoming report from several of my posts already ....... myself included .......!

I will also in the near future try the Fraxel laser on a few shallow/whitish spots in my hairline that the laser Doc feels may help a little more on .........His name is Leonard Bernstein ........He's a colleague of Geronomus from the laser and skin institute in NY......He said Fraxel restore is the name of the laser...its the least invasive of the 2 types.....it works mainly on hypo pigmentation and slight pitting....the other is more extreme but will not go as deep as what is needed in the deeper ones

I will also add Acell to the treatment according to your instructions

If this sounds like a viable plan then I will schedule the test ASAP.......

Thanks

The above was an email sent to Cooley's office......

I feel its worth a shot to test for myself how the Acell healing actually looks....

If it works I feel it will be a viable option for other various types of repair.......Hair transplant and surgical and non surgical scarring...

Pits,FUE marks and linier scars is what im interested in for now!.....

I will be patiently waiting for his response

Doing the Acell test at the end of Sept 2010 .....Testing it on a few FUE white dots along with adding hairs to a few others including my scar with the plucking method..

But its just a small test ........However if it works I will add several hundred more slowley over a few sessions along with trying to remove and deminish some pitting

Hopefully it will work to regenerate a few spots of damaged skin.....

keep us posted on your results. i'm especially interested in the plucking method.

Check this link out !

I just found it on the net regarding an FUE patient and Acell!!

Acells Matristem (powder +sheet) application in FIT

FIT (Follicular Isolation Technique ) is a procedure in Hair transplant surgery.
    It consists of removing each follicle individually with a small punch .In donor area it creates multiple wound which heals faster .Collagen fibers( scar tissue) fill those empty spaces during the healing process.
    Acells Matristem technology is a naturally occurring bioscaffold derived from porcine tissue .When Matristem is placed onto a wound ,it is resorbed and replaced with new native tissue where scar tissue would normally be expected.
    With this characteristics ,the A cells Matristem should fill our donor wound and regenerates terminal hairs ;rending our donor resource infinite.

We applied the Acell powder and cover it with the Acell sheet as described in our study protocol.
    We would like to present the first observations we made

http://www.mywhtc.com/forum/index.php?topic=341.msg385

looks encouraging. i'd like to hear what dr cooley's experience with acell has been. thanks for posting the link.

A short update.......

Late last week I recieved a Plucking/Acell test in a small portion of one of my 2 scars ,a few white FUE dots and an actual removal of a few more FUE white dots to see if they heal without hypo pigmentation using Acell...

in total I recieved about 100-120 plucked hairs in about 70 or so spots...

I wanted to post some pix but was told to wait till after the confrence......

Ill however keep records of the progress and post as things progress..

In general the hairs were plucked/yanked in several small areas and were basted in an Acell solution then transplanted into the desired locations

The plucked/Yanked donor hairs will grow back as good as new in a few days according to Cooley......Just like as if i tweezed them....

If it works this will be a fantastic breakthrough for scar repair and later on maybe even hairline single hair work........

The only drawback is the fact that only one hair will regrow and not a whole folicular unit .........

He also tried planting 1-3 hairs in a few spots on the scar to see if he can get 2 hairs to grow.........But do not reccomend this for hairline work......

I'd be open to it. How long do I need to wait post-op before messing with the scar?

You want to give any scar at least 1 year to heal before it should be tampered with...be it revision, FUE or plucking .......