+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It seems like there has been a standard protocol for testing something of this nature that I have seen before. You would mark off a square cm by way of tattoo in an inconspicuous area and pluck out every hair in that spot. You would then place each hair in another square cm area that was similarly marked and totally bald. You would then evaluate the results and present photographic evidence. You also would not charge someone for something like this and you would be more apt to pay the tester. Why has this not been done if it’s already been 1.5 years of testing. Maybe it has and if so I would like to see those photos.

I have tended to ask many whys over the last ten years and bring up points and red flags that might ruffle a few feathers. It’s not meant to bash or be negative in any way. It’s meant to help us all learn after all that’s why we are here.

Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig – The Pioneer In Using ACell MatriStem For Hair Restoration

http://www.iahrs.org/news/spencer-ko...-hitzig-acell/

Inactive

@pvtpoint2010:

about the plucking of hairs: is it very time consuming?
    do you have to pluck a lot of hairs and then choose which ones are suitable?
    does the plucking procedure produce any small bleeding in the donor follicle?
    lets suppose you want to transplant just 1 plucked hair in the recipient site. How much time would it require (total time, including plucking)?

you said that the plucked sites regenerated in a few days. How could you locate the plucked sites? did Cooley harvest all the hairs in a contiguous location?

good luck.

Inactive

@pvtpoint2010:

dude, are you there?

Hi Spanish Dude

There is a little bleeding from the needle spots, and not that long of a session ...It took about 1 hour for about 120 plucks

If you listen to Cooley's presentation you will get the gist of the technique

Thaks

PVT

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by pvtpoint2010 View Post
    Hi Spanish Dude

There is a little bleeding from the needle spots, and not that long of a session ...It took about 1 hour for about 120 plucks

If you listen to Cooley's presentation you will get the gist of the technique

Thaks

PVT
    Hi, PVT, thanks for the reply.

bleeding from the needle spots? I don't understand. Does Cooley use a needle for the plucking procedure? I mean, in the donor site?

1 hour for 120 plucks (2 hairs per minute), looks to me like a good yield, considering that this is still in early stages. But are all these 120 plucked hairs viable? None of them were discarded? Do you mean 120 viable hairs per hour?

Hi, PVT, thanks for the reply.

bleeding from the needle spots? Yes The spots he placed the plucked hairs..

He added about 120 into the center of my scar and FUE white/bald spots

I don't understand. Does Cooley use a needle for the plucking procedure? I mean, in the donor site?

The donor is tweezed and no blood

1 hour for 120 plucks (2 hairs per minute), looks to me like a good yield, considering that this is still in early stages. But are all these 120 plucked hairs viable?
    Only time will tell......

None of them were discarded?

That I dont know ....but ether way they will grow back as if tweezed

Do you mean 120 viable hairs per hour?

He can do larger sessions now then mid last year ....Mine was a very small test ........ dont know how many he can do per hour

Inactive

>>The donor is tweezed and no blood
    but Cooley talked about "redness, pinpoint bleeding" on the donor site on a woman patient. thats why I was asking. (Sorry that I insist so much).

re. the rate, do you mean all those 120 extracted hairs were planted in the recipient?

(I forgot to say before: I already watched Cooley's slide presentation, several times, it is a very good presentation).

Default Any News?

How's it looking pvtpoint2010?

Nothing much to say yet...i'm going to ask my barber to take a close look next week