+ Reply to Thread

Default How much do I have to spend for a good hair transplant?

Where can I get the best hair transplant for the least amount of money? Do I have to spend $10,000 or more?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 4Darth View Post
    Where can I get the best hair transplant for the least amount of money? Do I have to spend $10,000 or more?
    It all depends on how many grafts you need. If you consider that the average cost per graft in the U.S. is around $5, you will be paying approx $5000 per every 1000 grafts placed. In most cases the cost per graft goes down for larger sessions. But be prepared to spend in the ballpark of $10,000 for a procedure between 2000-2500 grafts. Prices do vary but this is about average.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post
    It all depends on how many grafts you need. If you consider that the average cost per graft in the U.S. is around $5, you will be paying approx $5000 per every 1000 grafts placed. In most cases the cost per graft goes down for larger sessions. But be prepared to spend in the ballpark of $10,000 for a procedure between 2000-2500 grafts. Prices do vary but this is about average.
    Thanks for getting back to me. So I'm looking at at least $10,000. That can work.

Thanks for getting back to me. So I'm looking at at least $10,000. That can work.

4Darth,

Have you been examined by any doctor yet? Of if you are okay with putting up some pics, that would help too.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Arrow

Hey 4darth,

Gillenator asked a good question, have you had an examination to determine if you're a good candidate for hair transplant surgery?
    Because hair transplantation has been marketed more as a commodity, that anyone can purchase for the right price, I think potential patients forget that what they are purchasing is actually surgery. There are many considerations besides price when researching elective surgery, and in my opinion, the most important criteria to consider is whether or not you make a good candidate. Will you benefit from the procedure?

Check out the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons http://www.iahrs.org to choose a hair transplant surgeon or two to have a consultation with. Then come back and let us know what you’ve learned about your particular situation.

Gillenator’s suggestion of uploading pictures can be helpful as well.

Take your time and continue to do your home work. Surgery will always be there if you’re the right candidate.

Hope this helps.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Take your time and continue to do your home work. Surgery will always be there if you’re the right candidate.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more Spencer. In fact surgey should always be the last consideration and resort. And you're right in that not everyone is a candidate for hair transplant surgery, and why it should not be marketed as a commodity which we all too often see.

That's why it is so important to be examined by a competent experienced physician. Only a doctor who is licensed and competent can make a formal diagnosis and then execute the plan that is appropriate for that patient.

And from my experience, the younger the individuals are when they first begin to lose their hair, the more shaken they are about their hairloss. The psychological impact can be devastating.

But we never want to immediately jump into surgery as the quick fix to the problem as Spencer mentioned.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

The advice given above is excellent. One great thing about the top-tier of transplant physicians is that, for the most part, they are forthcoming about the price-per-graft. They may differ over how many grafts a particular individual will require, but I don't think many of them hide the ball regarding the per-graft cost.