+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Wow....that was a warm welcome by the community....ha.

Very well written and said man. I also began to lose my hair at 19 and now I'm 20 and it's definitely something I take in day by day and feel differently about it all the time. Honestly, I think if there's no other way of being happy in life than get a hair transplant. But if you can get by without it you'll be way a head of the game when it catches up to all of your friends in the future when they have to go through a mid-life crisis. I had my mid-life crisis when I was still a teenager just like you. Thanks for sharing man.

I've also been wondering about Dr Keser, his youtube video FUE results look so good.

Cstella, welcome. Here is my advice for you. Don't do it. I regret getting a hair transplant. You will too. I am stuck with the need for additional corrective procedures even though I had my procedure by a reputable surgeon.

Hair transplants are something that will make you forever self-conscious about your hair. And future hair loss will make the hair transplant look WORSE as the years go by. I would give anything to have a head that is free of scars. Remember that all transplants, whether strip procedures or FUE, leave scars. I should know. I've got one.

If you don't want to have the classic horseshoe of male pattern baldness, then shave your head. Along those lines, go to the website slybaldguys.com. Read the stories of men like yourself who accepted and embraced their baldness.

I wish someone had given me this advice before I got my hair transplant. I would have run in the other direction.

Fate is such a twisted s o b. I have been reading here for hours, looking at the work, the number of grafts, the amount of time, the expense of the raft of chemicals both ingested and rubbed in.. omg.

I also started losing my hair at 19. By the time I was 22 I was wearing my first hair replacement. I have been trapped by my vanity ever since. For me loosing my hair was like having my nose dry up and fall off - or having my teeth fall out like chicklets. No one, save the tech that took care of my systems has ever seen me without hair - I was wearing the systems long before I ever went bald.

Here I am 30 years later, no one knows, not even my kids. It has come at a crazy price, and I still can't say I would have done it any differently. I have often fantasized about getting the surgery done but now my natural hair has gone so thin I know that option is closed.

I have often wondered how different my life would have been if I had just "Dealt" - let the hair hit the ground and gone with it. My head is now marked as a result of the years with the systems - I am not sure I could even just shave my head.

So be carefull.. think this through. The decisions you make could alter your life forever.

Lostboy, I bet your skin will mostly heal once you stop using the hair systems. You should give that a try and free yourself from the prison of wearing a hair piece. Try it for a full month with absolutely no hair piece. Let your skin heal. Ditch that rug. You can always go back to it after a month if you are not happy. My bet, though, is that you will never go back to it.

I have often thought about it - I would have to go off somewhere for a month just to see what I wound up with.. the problem is that through the years and the different attachment meathods I have had areas of hair litteraly ripped from my scalp and there are patches I am afraid will never grow back. This would leave a rather unsightly stubble pattern I am thinking. I also thought about the head tat thing.

My systems look phenominal, undetectable until that moment of truth when someone runs a roving hand through my hair - then it is anyone's guess as to what if anything they detect. They have come a long way with this stuff but not without ridiculous cost. That said even worse - the at times excruciating itching and sometime infections.. It is at times absolute torture.

Sorry Cstella, didn't mean to hijack your thread here man. My heart goes out to you..