+ Reply to Thread

Default Hey all! 17 and feeling really alone

Hi guys my name is tom and i live in england. Within the past year or so i have become more and more concious about all of the front of my hairline, and I am fairly confident that i am slowly starting to loose my hair. My fathers side of my family has a history of baldness whereas my mothers side isnt so bad.

I dont go a day without obsessing about it and its really getting me down as my hair is a big part of who i am.

I would really appreciate any advice as i am new to all of this; would hair transplant be the best option? can you have surgery at my age? or would any other product sort it out?

I can try and get some pictures up soon if anyone would like to help :]

Thanks, Tom.

hey man,

sorry to hear about the bad news and it does suck being one of the only ones that has to go through this shit... but just so you know, you'll be okay. You need to remember that surgery is one of the worst options for young people because if you lose more hair (which is usually the case), they won't have enough hair to move from the back to the front in the future which could result in a terrible result, if not now, then definitely in your thirties or forties.

I would suggest researching minoxidil, propecia and prp therapy. I used minoxidil and propecia but as a student, it cost a lot more than I had. I also think you should do some research into nanogen's scalproller, though it's efficacy has not really been studied very much.

You have found a decent forum here, and if nothing else, at least count on honesty because no one here wants to see a 17 year old getting scarred for life because he had little information. Do your research man and you'll make it all right. I was once upset like you but the truth helped me out a lot.

Thanks for the post dude and good luck. We all have our ups and downs.

Thanks for the advice mate. Its true we all have our ups and downs and i am a prime example of this believe me! But the one thing that keeps getting me back down is this and its really horrible. having a naturally biggish forehead with a smallish face just adds to the paranoia really.

Any more help/advice would be appreciated alot; how much does regaine propecia cost?

Thanks, Tom.

I'd agree that hair transplants are not the right option for you, being so young. Hair transplantation will still be there in the future, and will always be an option for you (and it's improving all the time as an industry). So if I was you, I wouldn't contemplate a HT at the moment. Wait and see how things go.

If money is an issue, you could look into generic propecia (finastride), which is cheaper than the branded stuff.

Another reason to be cheerful, because you are so young, new treatments are bound to come out before long.

In the words of famous bald man Michael Stipe: "no, no, no, you are not alone". (don't think he was talking about baldness specifically. But he might have been.)