+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Are my results OK? - Hair Transplant photos 2 weeks after surgery.

Hello guys,

I had a HT with method called S.A.F.E.R / F.U.E.
    I have a receding hairline on the front of my head.

Can you guys rate my ht? Doctor planted 1.200 grafts, he made my forehead look smaller and more symetrical.

I'm worried because I thought the density would be much better. Doc said that my normal hair is planted by 60-80 grafts/per cm2.
    He said he will try to plant around 40-50 grafts/cm2. I can't count that many ony my head. It looks more like 20grafts/cm2.

https://www.easypaste.org/file/tqsjS...24.jpg?lang=pl
    https://www.easypaste.org/file/Uds7K...28.jpg?lang=pl

Hard to tell from the images you posted but it looks a little sparse right behind the hairline. Meaning density appears low.

What thought have you given towards your "island" of hair in the center? It appears that the transplant has been built around that on either side.

If that thins you will be bald behind the transplant-- it's known as "chasing a hairline"-- you made need further work a few years from now.

Are you on any meds?

I'm actually using only minoxidil 5%. I don't take dht-blocker because I'm young.
    I know that I would need to another HT after several years.

So you say, the results are bad?

One question: The max density is before 2 weeks after scabs fall? Or it may be better?

No-- not saying the results are bad because it's way to early to tell.

My concern would be the island of hair in the middle of the head-- my experience is that hair is tricky in that area. It could hold for years and thin out, or go rapidly.

If it thins, you will be hair missing right in the middle of your transplant. You will have to have another procedure.

Personally, I'm against this method... people will claim that they are "staying ahead of the game" but doing it this way can lead to a lot of problems downstream.

I'm of the opinion that you should know what your balding pattern is going to be (or have it well established) and that each procedure done can be considered stand alone...

As for density-- you should have a pretty good idea of graft placement right after the procedure (assuming a shaved down head and no grafts were placed in between existing hair). But just looking at your hairline and immediately behind it should give you an idea.

The grown in phase is what will tell the tale fully and only time can do that. People grow at different rates. I'd say 6 to 9 months out and you will have your results and answers.

If you're not on meds I believe you will have to consider them as you will want to keep the hair around the transplant. This is what I was referring to about chasing a hairline.

OK - I will be more patient, maybe I just panic a bit.
    Is there any way to prevent hair loss without finasterid?

Why u say that another HT will cause problems? What kind of problems?

Inactive

It's way too early to really get a good gauge on what your results will be like. This can take 6 months minimum to start seeing significant growth. Also, in order to best assess, your pre-op photos along with your photos immediately following the procedure would be the most helpful. At two weeks post-op, you've most likely shed most of the grafts, so it's really difficult to give a good assessment.

That said, based on the extent of your hair loss, 1200 does seem like a fairly low number (depending on what your expectations are). I had 2,000 grafts and my loss was pretty isolated to the hairline.

Post the other pictures if you'd like, but tbh, the only thing you can really do is wait it out anyway, so try not to overthink it at the moment.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.