Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Day 2:

I don't know if i'm very lucky, or AEK did a good job, but there is very little swelling (Took the head-band off for the first time this morning). There is zero pain (although top of head is still a little numb) and compared with others in the hotel (who are here for same procedure, although not with AEK), there is very little ( almost none) redness on the recipient area (some guys heads look VERY red)... not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing!

Fair dues to Gokce / Yuksel, I had been Whatsapping some questions and they were very quick to reply - it's the post-op communication that shows an organisations true colours (they have my money, they could choose to ignore me if they want, but they are great re. communication)

QUESTION: Any medication recommended after? While at the clinic, Gokce briefly mentioned Propecia (Finasteride) - Google seems to suggest 1mg daily. Do you recommend it? My friend said that Dr. K talked to him about it, but he mentioned nothing to me? We're going to get a 1yr supply each regardless and give it a shot, but i'd be interested in hearing others stories.

Apart from that, all i'm taking (daily) is my Centrum vitimans which i've been taking daily for years (and of course, the anti-biotics & anti-swelling meds that AEK gave me) - I am not taking any painkillers, there's no need.

For anyone thinking of having this procedure done, JUST DO IT. I feel almost liberated having had it done (although the next few months may be challenging). BUT, do your research and please don't get caught in a factory / hair-mill, there's so many horror stories out there. Thankfully, mine is not one of them.

DISCLAIMER: When I visited Dr. K yesterday (having bandages removed), I did mention that I had a concern of the hairline not being perfectly symmetrical. Now, I know the face is not perfectly symmetrical, that's a given. But, I see perfect hairlines from post-op pics and I was worried. Dr. K mentioned that this can happen as it's free-hand, but not to be worried as when the hair grows it won't be noticed. I was still a little worried. He stated that if in 12 months it is noticeable, I can return for 2 days and he will correct it. So, if the worst happens, Dr. K, i'll be returning to your clinic!