+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ASMED Dr.Kory Dec 2018 2400 Grafts.

Hi, Guys i am a short-term follower first-time poster,

I began to lose my hair in my early 20's and never paid much attention to it as I considered it an inevitable part of life and early on it was hardly noticeable. As time progressed it just became not aesthetically pleasing to look at it and by the time I had reached 25 I knew I had to do something soon the advice of my doctor I started taking Propecia and while my hair responded fantastically to it I did not receive any of the adverse side effects that many do. Given this new found gains I decided why not take it one step further and try to restore hair on my temples and hairline where I had the most hair loss. So upon briefly researching hair transplant surgeons in California i found many, but unfortunately, these surgeons did not specialize in hair transplants but also did other cosmetic surgeries. I wanted to see a doctor who only specialized in FUE. This led me to Dr.Kory Erdogan in Istanbul who had the most impressive display of before and after photos advertised on his website. While of course taken with a grain of salt as I am sure he does not advertise bad to average results these results could at least show what the best case scenario would look like. I sent an email with my photos via his website and was assigned a coordinator and the doctors estimation on how many grafts will be needed to restore the hair loss.

I planned my surgery for Christmas/winter break as this is when most people are away so that work would not be too crazy and give me some time to recover. I provided my coordinator Muge my flight details are there was a driver ready to receive me at 5 in the morning. His English skills were limited, so she was awake and on the phone with me welcoming me to Istanbul at just past 5 in the morning! She explained that the first day there would be a more in-depth analysis by the doctor and the amounts of grats could therefor fluctuate followed by shaving your head and drawing the surgery map on your head (recipient) and doner area. Upon arrival at the clinic, I was shown to my room I had opted to choose a place in the clinic too in case of any complications to be nearby, in hindsight I recommend everyone stay in a hotel as the beds in the clinic are very uncomfortable but I have a lack of experience with hospital beds maybe they are supposed to be hard and uncomfortable?

After having a shower and breakfast and the cafe adjacent the hotel cafe nfas i returned to my room and took a nap. Around noon my patient coordinator muge texted me informing me the consultation with the doctor would be happening. Soi went with muge to the lobby for 30 or so minutes explaining my medical history and being informed of what will be happening tomorrow the day of the transplant. She was incredibly patient and thorough with me, and she diffused most of my worries and anxiety which was growing due to seeing all these guys walking around the clinic with bloody heads which I had never seen before well at least in person.

Upon being called into the doctor's office, he reviewed my photos which were taken earlier in their photo studio. He had a series of tools in which I believe he measured the density of the hair and which he was able al to calculate the total capacity of donor area approx. He revised his original estimate of 3200 grafts to 2500 and suggested a hairline that would best suit me, I accepted his suggestion as he had probably done thousands of these operations and knows best obviously time will tell.

After this, I was taken to the finance offices and submitted the payment with cash which is usually what they receive. After giving the payment, my head was washed and shaved then I believe the doctor came back with a permanent marker and drew the game plan for tomorrows surgery. His anesthesiologist was also present and provided me with a couple of pieces of xanax to sleep and before the surgery to calm my nerves.

Muge told me that I should be up at 7 and she will come to get me from my room around that time. I recommend people load up their ipads with enough media to get through 8 hours of surgery as phones will not be allowed in the operating theater. The first part of the day starts with a local anesthetic which is surprising not so painful it is a small needle making incisions throughout the back and sides of your head. this led into the extraction which would have to be the worst part as its literally a technician techination extracting graft by graft while another catalog them by how many hairs each graft has. In front of me was a tv telling me how many grafts were extracted each minute so you can estimate how long it will take.

After this long process was over, we took a break for lunch which was simple Turkish mezze with soup which was fine. After this, we were back in the operating theather, and dr.koray came to make the incisions this was a bit blurry for me as the medication was kicking in, so I believe I fell asleep and only woke up when they were inserting the hairs into the incisions. A few hours later the surgery is over, and besides being cold, I feel fine was led back into my room given a neck pillow and went to bed.

Today I am on day 8th post surgery the advice I give based on my experience is there are some positives and negatives to medical tourism. Due to the low price (2.5 euro a graft), the doctor has a very high turnover of patients up to 10 a day, so therefore the only interaction with the doctor you have is the consultation and the incisions the rest is done with his techs. There are some benefits i doubt can be matched by western clinics is the support staff they offer by the patient coordinator (muge) answered all of my questions and concerns all day/night. I advise anyone who is thinking about taking this operation to allow proper time to heal before leaving this is not a day at the spa. I recommend getting a hotel nearby the clinic to take advantage of their hair washes as to wash your hair yourself post-op can be messy, time consuming and the probability of doing it wrong is high.

In closing, I will keep you guys updated on this journey as we progress and we see the results of my 2400 grafts surgery @ asmed December 2018.

Please do let me know if you guys have any questions that I can help clarify.

Pre-Op
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_1.jpg

Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	60654   Click image for larger version

Name:	_2.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	60655   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC8740.jpg

Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	60656   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC8730.jpg

Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	60657   Click image for larger version

Name:	ANALİZ KEYNOTE.005.jpg

Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	60658  

Hey guys I’m a bit concerned on all these red bumps and these holes which are visible on my transplanted area.

Name:	F6273008-C10A-4BCE-A054-91D234BF8A55.jpg

Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	60969   Click image for larger version

Name:	B01075C6-2AF0-4548-86F8-1819D0F09583.jpg

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	60970  

updates?

Update

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	61644  

5 month update

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-05-20 at 9.50.00 PM.jpg

Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	62824  

great improvement. looking very good. the density will continue to improve of course.

supper disappointed cant reach asmed!!

Hey man, things looked to be going OK in your 5 month photo, what happened? As for being unable to contact them, another guy had the same problem but his representative had left so you might want to try emailing their general email address

Attached

Name:	455C4773-5C4C-407D-991B-562631B4B87B.jpg

Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	66523