+ Reply to Thread

Default Asmed - Dr. Koray - 3800-4000 Grafts - Nw3

Hey everyone,

I am 34 years old, from Israel. My main issue with my hair (or lack of it ) is my deep temporal recession (as you can see in the pictures attached). The temples have been receding ever since I was 22. in the age of 26 or so, I have started to take propecia. the treatment pretty much stopped the receding and it is stable for the past 6-7 years.

currently, I am wearing a wig (just on the temples and not the whole hair). It has always been my dream to have a hair transplant, but because I am very sensitive to ppl and work colleagues seeing me after the transplant and with no hair. I postponed the hair transplant as much as I could. I managed to get 4-5 months leave from work, so I'm hoping I'll have some hair by the time I have to go back to work.

Estimations I got
    Based on the photo I've sent, I got the following estimates: Dr. Rahal -2500 grafts, Dr Hakan 3500 grafts, Dr. Maras 3000 grafts & Dr. Koray 3800-4000 80cm2 50 grafts per cm2

Dr. koray estimate is the highest (number of grafts), but I saw it as a good thing - it's because he plans to cover more of the scalp with hair and to do the hair transplant with high density. given my current hair loss stage and the fact, the hair loss has stopped for the last 6 years - I was cool with his estimation.

Choosing a hair transplant Dr
    After doing a lot of research, and seeing HR results of a few Doctors, I decided, based on the results (not the ones posted by the clinic), the hairline design, the bad results , and reviews, that my options are: Dr basinga, Dr koray, Dr maras, Dr rahal, and Dr cole.

Dr. cole and Dr. Rahal were too far (I live in Israel) and were a bit more expensive than others so I was left with Dr. basinga, Dr. koray & Dr maras, out of those I liked best the results of Dr Koray, and I love his hairline design, as I like more relatively aggressive hairline (and not the "half circle", most sergeants do).
    Another plus for ASMED, is my great personal patient coordinator, Suzana. unlike other clinics, I got from Suzana very thorough and quick answers to my questions. she is very patient with me even though I have A LOT of questions. sometimes she misses a few of my questions, but overall she is super helpful, nice and provided me with all the answers I needed - And most importantly she made me feel like someone is with me throughout the process which is very important to me. As i'm doing the procedure in a foreign country.

hair transplant date and pre-op

I have made a deposit of 1000 euro for asmed and scheduled my HR in ASMED in 13-14.3.19. I have been asked to fill a form with my medical condition, pills I take, etc'. also, I have been asked to give the flight's details (so ASMED driver will wait for me at the airport) and the type of room I want. I am coming with a friend (for support) so I took the double room.

I should say that price (2.5 euro per graft) include meds, hotel for 3 nights, and a ride from and to the airport (and the clinic).

My current hair
    I have a deep temporal recession, I am very insecure about my hair. in the front of the hair is a little bit less dense than the vertex, so I guess I'll have a few grafts transplanted there also to make it thicker. I hope it won't kill the grafts I have there

Hairline design
    I know all the pros and cons for aggressive hairline, but I like it better. The hairline I want is not completely aggressive (see photos attached), I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

I will, of course, update this thread before, during, & after my experience with ASMED
    I hope I get a good result

Sorry for my English in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wanted hairline 2.jpg

Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	60650   Click image for larger version

Name:	dry-front2.jpg

Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	60651  

Are you doing FUE?

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Are you doing FUE?