+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to live with Strip Scar? Had SMP to help cover Scar but this has not worked

Hi everyone

I’ve been a reader of this forum for a while and wanted to share with you my struggle with living with my strip scar at present. I know there is no magic cure but do feel extremely down about the whole situation at the moment.

Maybe by opening up about the whole story I may help other people in my situation or people thinking about having a HT. I’m also hoping I may get some guidance myself along the way

To keep it short my journey was a good head of hair until late 20’s. Started to thin around 28 and had a HT at 30. As I got to my mid 30’s hair was thinning all over even when using fin tablets

Finally had the balls to shave July 2018 and then had SMP 3 months ago at SKALP UK in my strip scar and on the top of my head over 3 sessions.

The SMP looks good, but the major issue is the scar hasn’t blended at all and I’m now left not knowing what direction to go with any of this.

It’s affected me so much so I’ve just lost my job as I now live under a cap all the time. I don’t take my little girl swimming anymore, avoid any sort of interaction with people outside and it’s also having a huge impact on my relationship with my wife. She’s very supportive but as my mental health has suffered it’s also affected her

I’m happy to post pictures and will do so if there is much interest

I’ve read so many people say they regret getting a HT and I indeed fall into that category. I think having the SMP has made me feel worse as if it wasn’t for the way the scar looks I would be very very happy with the current result that SMP has given

Hope I’ve not moaned to much

Happy New Year all

Post a pic .

Probably get better advice on a site called SLYBALDGUYS as there are people there who are / were in the same predicament .

Here are 3 pics

The 1st before SMP, 2nd after my 3rd session of SMP and finally how I look today not shaved for a month

Thanks for telling me about the other forum much appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3537501D-4238-4427-98DB-11571BC511E5.jpg

Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	60641   Click image for larger version

Name:	1FAC4CD7-5679-4438-9E0A-58BEE7C737D7.jpg

Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	60642   Click image for larger version

Name:	F4628924-EE5C-4640-A604-A01CEA6B08F6.jpg

Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	60643  

Sup man, go see a therapist, this scar is totally not that bad, i mean, i doubt i would have noticed that if i were just passing by. It's all in your head and you look just fine. Don't let it ruin your life.

Man ..try to get Fue into scar ..i have seen several cases , scar was almost concealed

Your scar is not that bad , I have seen worst scar treated with Fue ..search for Northeast guy on this forum , you will get some idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Man ..try to get Fue into scar ..i have seen several cases , scar was almost concealed

Your scar is not that bad , I have seen worst scar treated with Fue ..search for Northeast guy on this forum , you will get some idea
    Scar will never be concealed by FUE.

Stinger, please view my thread.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...car?highlight=

I agree... It cannot be like how it was before surgery ..but it can be improved by FUE

I have seen people going low to gaurd 2 or 3 without scar been noticed

But shaving your head completely will reveal scar there is no doubt in that

Hi. I had SMP recently done on my strip scar and I’m very concerned. The technician used a dark ink and said it will fade but meanwhile I’m walking around with a dark line ascross the back of my head. I’m thinking to have it lasered off. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by JonJ View Post
    Hi. I had SMP recently done on my strip scar and I’m very concerned. The technician used a dark ink and said it will fade but meanwhile I’m walking around with a dark line ascross the back of my head. I’m thinking to have it lasered off. Any suggestions?
    Put up some photos.

Hi guys. Have posted a thread about this. But has anyone actually considered having a permanent tattoo over strip scars ( not smp but an actual designed tattoo ). ? Going to give it a go myself as this scar has ruined me for 15 yrs.